Focal Clear Headphone Cables

It’s all about system synergy Jim.
I have made many changes in the past that according to other users and reviews etc should have put me in heaven.
But not always the case.
And then I buy a $40 gadget that so far exceeded my expectations it is unreal.

Thank the Lord for Amazon and eBay!

Dragon cables are on my bucket list.

1 Like

Moon Audio has been really great to work with and their customer service is outstanding. Good products, but a little pricey. However, with my 3 headphones, they make a significant improvement in SQ. I ended up with:

Focal Clear => Moon Black Dragon
Dan Clark Audio AEON Open X => Moon Silver Dragon
Sony WH-1000XM3 => Moon Silver Dragon Portable

1 Like

That’s interesting, do you think the silver would sound good with the focal clear?

I don’t like how stiff the cable is on the clear, it looks great though.
I’m also not a fan of the shrinking wrap used on the dragon cables, how is it in real life? Looks cheap to me compared to the stock focal clear cable.

1 Like

I use a Silver Dragon cable with my Focal Clears, and it sounds (and looks) terrific.

1 Like

How is it compared to the stock cable?

Those silver Arctic cables look nice too!

I wouldn’t mind a bit more top as long as it’s not spiky.

On Clears, which are open-back, the top end of most recordings is just fine for me with the Silver Dragon cable. I use these at my desk, where I run Roon from an iMac to Schiit Audio gear, including the Loki 4-band equalizer. Occasionally, on some recordings, I boost the mid-bass and midrange a tiny bit. I’ve also experimented with the Harman Curve for the Clears (see this thread: DSP for Focal Clear Headphones)

The other advantage of the Dragon cable is that it is much less stiff than the stock cable, which also had the annoying habit of transmitting any “rubbing” against my clothing as noise to my ears.

1 Like

Thanks, the stiffness of the stock cable is quite annoying.
I’d love to try a better cable, it just sucks that I need a 3m one since it raises the price quite a lot on high end cables!
My amp isn’t that far but 1.5m is just too short for my setup.

Thanks for the link too I might give these eq a try, I usually prefer to run things flat but why not give it a shot

aye, these Focal stock Cables kinda suck< looking nice, but too stiff and most of all they are microphonic as hell.
I had the Clear and now enjoying the Stellia ad I just got mz long awaited replacement cable from Audioverse and I love it!!!

Look and feel is well worth the price. Soundquality is of coarse the same as before, its just a Cable after all. but i like !

Headphone cables can and do make a difference in SQ. I didn’t believe that until I purchased my Silver and Black Dragon cables from Moon Audio.

I have several Red Headphone after market cables from Wywires for my cans. The one for my Clear headphones is terminated in a 4-pin XLR amplifier side termination. Easy to handle and sounds great. Alex at Wywires has been discounting his cable prices significantly (40%) over the past year for his Anniversary sale.

See https://wywires.com/

Alex is great to work with too.