French translation

Hello, I’m not sure if that’s the correct place to post this but I noticed some wrong French translations in some places. For example, on the logging page, the button reads “S’inscrire” (Sign up) instead of “Se connecter”. The word “trial” has two meanings and there are two words in French for that : “procès” and “essai”. So a “Roon trial” should be translated with “essai de Roon” (but I’m not a professionnal translator).

I moved this to Translations as the translations are contributed by the community and the editors typically monitor this category. Usually someone will pick it up quickly

1 Like

You are welcome to contribute to the translations and thoughts on them. I’m sure @alec_eiffel will be glad to have some company in the french translation team!

I am not sure if the Roon crew will have to add users if the translations are located in the localize.ly tool though. The older translations.roonlabs.net i think is synced to our user accounts though.

1 Like

Bonjour Daniel,

Pour moi sign up = s’inscrire, s’abonner, s’enregistrer.
Pour se connecter : sign in.

Oui, c’est bien ça, ce n’est pas ce qui apparait ? J’ai reforcé la traduction, “essai gratuit” devrait apparaître à la prochaine mise à jour.

Pour les discussions sur la traduction française il y a un fil ouvert ici :

Rémi

1 Like

Salut Rémi ! Oui, on est d’accord sur les significations de « sign up » et « sign in ». Justement, même lorsqu’on est déjà inscrit et qu’on veut s’identifier, le bouton affiche « S’inscrire ». Pour l’utilisation erronée de « trial-procès », je ne me souviens plus où elle apparaît (je rechercherai). Par contre, en page d’accueil c’est la bonne traduction qui s’affiche en effet.

OK tu parles du site Roonlabs :

C’est effectivement incorrect, maheureusement je n’ai pas la main sur la traduction du site, je vais le signaler malgré tout. L’application elle-même est correcte sur ce point :