Frequent Freezing and Reinstall Requirement of Roon Remote on iPad (ref#NN8BL5)

Never use ARC so, NOT with ARC

so daniel on Roon tech support mentioning ARC is not relevant, for you or me

I am not very tech literate so I can’t say that for sure. There could be some link that I am totally unaware of.

Hi daniel, is anything happening at Roon support to try to resolve the problem that Joe and myself are having? It seems to have gone very quiet during the last tree days

MARCH 3 SOMETIME BEFORE 8pm(I left to dine) restarted about 8:15PM Diana Krall How Deep Is The Ocean or before

Hi @Derek_Suggate,

Thank you for the report and your patience while we worked through the queue to reach your inquiry.

Can you provide us with an approximate timestamp (date/time) or the name of the album/track page you were viewing when this occurs next? The team will activate diagnostics so we can pinpoint what’s occurring on the iPad at that time.

Have you ever experienced this on any other Roon Remote - any other iOS Remotes, in particular - or is it limited to the iPad?

Hi Connor, thanks for coming back to me.

Ok, I will do that when it next happens but are you aware that another Roon user Joe Lazenby is experiencing exactly the same problem? If you look at his postings you will see exactly what I am experiencing in greater detail. He is dealing with daniel at Roon.

The problem is only on my iPad but that is the only Roon remote that I use.

Hi Connor, it has just happened, KD Lang, track was Fallen on Hymns of etc. Music continued but tracking froze. Now resumed ok on next track. Hope that helps you

Hi happened again, Miles Davis, Time after Time. Same problem, music continues but tracking freezes and “there is a problem” message displayed. Please acknowledge

Hi @Joe_Lazenby,

The last Roon release contained several stability and performance improvements.

Have you experienced any recurring dropouts on this same device? If so, please let us know the approximate time/date of the most recent dropout and we’ll investigate accordingly.

Hi @Derek_Suggate,

Please open Roon Remote on the affected iPad at your convenience - we’re investigating the incident again from the timestamp of your most recent post but the affected machine will need to sync with our servers to provide any diagnostics.

Thanks. I am away from home for a few days and the iPad is at home alone!!! I will certainly comply as soon as I return home. My brother lost his wife of 59 years and I am staying with him for a few days.

Hi Connor

Ok, the iPad now has Roon open on it. Good luck

Hi @Derek_Suggate,

I wanted to give you a ping to let you know that this investigation has escalated to development. We’ll be providing updates in the main tracking thread here as we receive them from development: