Frequent "must update database" message

I also get this, usually 2-3 times a week, and mostly after Roon stops sending the sound to my DAC (even though Roon shows it is playing), causing me to reboot everything. And then Roon gives me that message once I restart it. It happened just about forty minutes ago, in fact. A minor nuisance, but Roon is still far better for me than anything else I have tried.

Hi @Neil_Russell,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Thanks!

Core: Dell XPS 8930 w/ Intel i7-8700k @ 3.7 GHz, 16GB memory running Windows 10 Pro
v. 1909, build 18363.628, Roon v. 1.7

Network: Comcast into a Cisco router connected via ethernet cable to a Netgear GS316 16 port switch, which is connected to the computer via an ethernet cable. A WD PR4100 NAS w/ 16GB memory, connected to router via ethernet cable provides the storage.

Audio devices: The Dell outputs the files via USB to a Cocktail Audio X45 Pro DAC/Streamer, which is connected via balanced cables to a Parasound Halo Integrated Amp (first generation), which drives a pair or Quad S2 speakers and a pair of Martin Logan Dynamo X1100 subwoofers

The library has 130K tracks (all on the PR4100), and I also stream from Tidal.

All electronics are plugged into either a PS Audio P3 Power Plant, or a PS Audio P12 Power Plant. All cabling has been upgraded to ones in the $100-$300 ea price range, primarily Pangea for power, and AudioQuest for signal

Thanks, @Neil_Russell.

The next time this happens would you kindly make a note of the time it occurs and then use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link?

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.