Frequent RAAT dropouts dropouts/stops with Devialet via Ethernet

What would they be expected to say? If you use AIR the streaming works perfectly , if you use Roon Ready it doesn’t and you get failure to load, and quiet patches in songs. Unless I have misunderstood Danny’s message at the start of the Roon Ready Cerification for Devialet posts then it is not released until Roon are 100% satisfied that it works correctly.

Which it does not. SO from my viewpoint this is a Roon problem.

1 Like

Also so this one from 3 posts down in that thread

And he is right - it does :sunglasses:

Where are the posts from the 1000s of other users using RAAT devices? RAAT is a standard protocol, they shouldn’t be doing anything special on the server side just for Devialet. There is something wonky with Devialet’s network implementation in my opinion, not necessarily RAAT.

I would have hoped that Roon’s certification process would have been intensive or covered enough network topologies to reveal it as it obviously affects many Devialet users.

Seems strange that my Logitech Transporter (over 15 years old design) and a $35 Rpi don’t have any issue,not so with the $$$ Devialet?

Those devices can expect only one protocol at a time I do believe. The Devialet has the ability to detect Devialet Air, Airplay, RAAT, UPNP etc automatically on it’s network interface correct? Is it possible turn the other features off completely and only have the Devialet expect RAAT? Does this help?

Of course my Rpi doesn’t support Devialet Air, but I can use it with RAAT and Airplay in Roon and I can use it with UPNP with other software. All this with free Linux distroes, not impressed with Devialet and network audio.

I understand the Pi can do different modes, I have one. Mine was always configured in one mode only, RAAT.

I understand your frustration, I went through it as well, I’m trying to help troubleshoot if the issue is related to Devialet’s detection of multiple streaming protocols.

I’ve been having the same problems with RAAT to my Devialet as reported here and in several other threads. I’m quite surprised we haven’t seen any response from Roon although I suspect it is an issue with Devialet’s latest firmware. Still, Roon’s QA should have caught this.

For what it’s worth, RAAT works great on my two other (non-Devialet) endpoints and AIR works fine to my Devialet. It is only an issue with RAAT to my Devialet… Frequent dropouts and occasional “Audio file loading slowly…” error in Roon.

Hoping Roon @support will at least acknowledge the problem and indicate that they (or Devialet) are working on it.

Since there is so many Devialet owners with this issue, I expect Roon to give us a feedback on this. Hopefully it can be fixed with a small sw update, either from Roon or Devialet. There is no buffer to increase with RAAT, so I don’t know what more to do.

I originally asked if you can disable Airplay, UPNP etc in the Devialet config? If you can, does it help?

You cannot disable them.

I just tried to raise it with Dev support, but their support site won’t let me log in, one way to reduce tickets.

Too bad, it would have been a great troubleshooting exercise.

Sorry, I misunderstood. I only use RAAT the other have been deactivated since RAAT was available.I also shot down the Devialet Air on my mac

I’ve also seen one report of switching to WIFI solved the issue. Has anyone else seen the same?

Of course a strong WIFI network would be required or it could cause other instability issues.

Hi everyone,

Our team is hard at work investigating these reports. We will be sure to keep you updated here as soon as we have more information. We appreciate your patience and feedback as we are looking into this.

4 Likes

Thanks Dylan, that’s all that was needed.

1 Like

Hi @Rainer_Drechsler,

Our team is hard at work investigating reports of dropouts with the new Devialet Roon Ready firmware. We will be sure to keep you updated here as soon as we have more information. We appreciate your patience and feedback as we are looking into this.

Hi @Rainer_Drechsler,

I met with the technical team regarding the status of their investigation. The team is hoping to gather some information from those experiencing these issues. Please fill out this form so the team can review.

We appreciate your continued patience and cooperation while we continue to investigate this behavior.

Hi everyone,

I met with the technical team regarding the status of their investigation. The team is hoping to gather some information from those experiencing these issues. Please fill out this form so the team can review.

We appreciate your continued patience and cooperation while we continue to investigate this behavior.

1 Like

It’s good that Roon Labs are now looking into this problem. I initially also had this problem, but Roon Ready arrived quickly after Qobuz became available, so here’s my experience.

I converted my Roon library from Tidal to Qobuz. I closed my Tidal account, however, my Roon account was still showing a Tidal presence even though nothing could be played from Tidal. When I got the ‘slow upload’ message with nothing happening, I perceived there was a degree of confusion between Tidal and Qobuz on Roon. I completely disabled Tidal in Roon and have not had the problem since.

It might just be a coincidence, but worth checking out if my circumstance is mirrored by yours. It might be the fix or I might have got circumstantially lucky. Feedback would be good.