Gapless repeat of a single song

I’ve been trying to play a white noise track on repeat however there is a small gap when the track repeats, defeating the purpose of the white noise. Is there a setting to prevent this small gap?

I think you have to create this as an album and have two (or more) tracks (just copy the track you have and tag it accordingly) A repeat of the album should be gapless.

Instead of looping, add it to the queue multiple times. I’ve just tried it and that works.

Hi @Rene_Roy,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Can you verify what device you’re using for playback? Can you share a screenshot of Device Setup and the Signal Path when playing to this zone?

Setup as follows. The Core is a i7 NUC running ROCK. I get the gap in the looped song whether I am playing through my ethernet network to my ultrarendu/bifrost DAC or via WiFi to my iPhone. I also get the gap whether the song is stored locally on the NUC internal 2.5" SSD (ROCK is on the M2 drive in the NUC) or whether I access the song via Qobuz.

It seems putting two copies of the song into a playlist and looping the playlist results in no gap either in between songs or after both copies are played and the “playlist” loops. The gap behavior only exists when I am playing one song looping.

Thanks, @Rene_Roy.

Would you mind sharing this file with us so we can do some testing on our end? You can share it via a shared Dropbox link or any other file sharing service link in a Private Message to me here on the forums.

I don’t think there is anything special about his file @dylan. I can reproduce with a file of mine (pink noise again) that starts immediately and continues right to the end.

Same situation here. Creating playlist with the same song repeated twice works it around. Is it a bug or a feature?

This is the exact usecase and issue I’m experiencing. I’m trying to emulate the LMS app “natural sounds” in Roon. Just checking in if there’s a fix for this? I’ll try the workaround Cezary has suggested.

Update: so I got this to work.

I copied and renamed the music file (a white noise flac in my case) and kept both of them in the same directory. I edited the meta data on both so that they were uniquely named in the title tag. Added both to playlist and set it to loop.

This seems to work fine. :slight_smile: