Genres not going away even though they are blank

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

NUC8i7BEH with Roon Rock 1.8 latest version

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Roon Rock Core and iMac remote connected via wired ethernet through a netgear switch

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Lumin U1 Mini streamer hardwired to the same switch

Description Of Issue

The main issue of having so many Genres with no pictures displayed in the Genres page still persists. Some of these genres only have 1 artist listed in them, so I decided to just remove that genre from the Artist. For example, I took my external tag editor and removed “Speed Metal” from all Metallica albums. I go back to the Genres page but the Speed Metal Genre still appears. I click on it and it is blank.

1 Like

Has anyone at @support seen this post, and the genre posts? Are any of these issues fixable from my end?

Hey @AnimalOnDrums :drum: ,

Thanks for not giving up on us and following up on your post! I’m so sorry for the delay.

I wish I had an answer for your right now, but I am here to tell you that I’ve brought this up with our team and we’ll follow up as soon as possible.

Sorry for the trouble :grimacing:

Hey @beka
Thanks for letting me know that it has been seen by the team. There are a few more posts about genre related issues that I would like to know if they have been seen or not.
Also, is there any chance to get an update on when another fix update will be available to address some of the other issues going on?

Thanks! :grinning:

Hey @AnimalOnDrums,

Even though it may not be extremely visible from where you stand, we’re here, on the community site catching up with everything :slightly_smiling_face:. We are aware of this post and a few others on a similar topic. We’re making it a point to reply as soon as possible.

As you’re probably used to by now, what I can say about another release is soon. I wish I had a specific date to share with you - we’ll announce it as soon as it’s ready. Won’t be keeping you any second longer than needed.

Please, bear us just a little while more :pray:

lol, ha ha ha :rofl: yes I am used to Roon being closed lip about new releases but I still gotta try and find out what I can :grin: Sometimes something slips.

:laughing: Totally agreed! No harm in trying :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.