Getting error retrieving account information message

Hi

I’m also having the same issue since version 1.7
Sometimes I can unauthorize after several minutes, but a couple of times only reinstalling the Roon client helped.

Hi @Arno_Nurges,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Does this happen every time you try to switch Cores?

Hi

My setup is quite simple. MacPro 2012 with MacOS 13.6 at home acting as core and client.
Windows 10 PC also as core and client at work.

I was instantly provided with ‘Unauthorize’ button when going from home to work with Roon 1.6
After upgrading to Roon 1.7 there is no unauthorization option.
All the network configuration has stayed the same.

Settings->Account shows ‘Error retrieving account’ message and a Reload button.
Pressing reload does nothing.

Sometimes waiting for 1-5 minutes displays ‘Unauthorize’ button, but not always.
After uninstalling and reinstalling Roon, I can log in and everything works.

Hi @Arno_Nurges,

Do you have any firewall or antivirus software running on the Windows 10 PC that you don’t have on the Mac at home? We’ve seen a similar report of this which was caused by a firewall blocking communication with our servers, so if possible it would be a good test to try disabling any firewall or antivirus temporarily and see if that helps.

Thanks!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Roon login issues 1/31/2019 [Team working to resolve]

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.