Grimm MU1 not updating to Roon 1.7

My Grimm MU1 is not updating. It says “there was an error checking for an update”. I assume the problem is on the Grimm side.

Hello @Aaron_Garrett,

I moved your thread out of the main feedback thread in order to better assist you.

Have you tried rebooting your Roon Core to see if this resolves the issue?

-John

1 Like

Will do that now.

Still won’t update.

Hello @Aaron_Garrett,

I’m going to enable diagnostics on your account. The next time your Roon Core contacts the Roon support servers it should upload a set of diagnostics logs. Once this occurs we should have a good idea about what’s going on.

-John

1 Like

OK. It’s trying to do it right now.

Hello @Aaron_Garrett,

Looking at the logs, we’re seeing this error:

Error: [appupdater] While installing update: System.Exception: update installer exited with 255

A 255 error is indicative of the device being out of memory, RAM specifically. In the logs, we can see that Roon is using 1.5GB of physical ram, leaving you with what should be enough buffer to handle whatever unbundling the updater needs to do.

Considering we are not receiving similar reports from other users on Linux Roon Cores, I would recommend you reach out to Grimm Audio regarding this issue.

-John

1 Like

Hi John and Aaron,

We are working on the problem, I found the same error code (255).
While monitoring the available RAM it shows that there is about 2GB in use and 2GB free.

@john, Can you help us out?
Greetings,
Justin Vis

Edit: Additionally I installed 4GB extra in one of our test modules and got the same error message.

1 Like

Hi @Justin_V,

Just to verify, are you also using the Grimm MU1?

Have you tried rebooting?

Hi Dylan,
I am working for Grimm Audio, perhaps we should use a different media to communicate?
Greetings,
Justin Vis

I think you can close the thread because Grimm has updated the firmware on the MU1, I downloaded 1.7 and everything is working great. Very impressed by how fast their software engineers solved it!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.