Hardware buttons on Samsung 21 no longer control volume from locked screen

I agree, guessing it’s an Android issue that has to do with licensing. Why Roon support won’t reply to this is perplexing.

Hi @Scott_Seiler,

Please accept our apologies for the long delay, and I can assure you it wasn’t an attempt to evade your problem. For full disclosure, there was an internal miscommunication as we reorganized the support section on Community and we failed to follow through with consistent updates on this issue in this thread as a result. I recognize it’s been frustrating to hear nothing for weeks. We won’t fail to respond going forward.

We met with our QA team and there’s a priority ticket for this issue. We’re going to investigate further and I hope to have an update and next steps to share here shortly. I’m happy to answer any questions in the meantime.

Thanks! I appreciate the follow-up and apology. I’m looking forward to hearing the resolution. Have a great day!

Hi @Scott_Seiler,

Is this issue persisting with the most recent build (Build 970)?

Our QA team believes some changes we implemented may have resolved this, but any new information will help us pinpoint the issue if you’re still encountering it.

Thank you again for your patience.

Hello! Thanks for the follow up. Unfortunately, no it still doesn’t work. If I’m not in the app, the volume button won’t control the volume. If the screen is locked I can play/pause/skip from the lock screen widget but the volume button doesn’t work. Thanks