Hardware buttons on Samsung 21 no longer control volume from locked screen

Hi @Scott_Seiler,

My apologies for not catching the automated auto-close. Rest assured we haven’t gone to sleep on this issue. I will push internally and get a status update; addtiionally, I’ll do what I can to resolve this as soon as possible.

1 Like

Thanks! I appreciate you reopening the topic. Have a nice weekend!

2 Likes

Hi Team.

I’m having the same issues on a Samsung Galaxy S10e with Android 12. Volume controls work fine when the app is in the foreground but stop working in the lock screen.

Cheers,

Tim.

1 Like

Hello, Roon support. It’s been two months again and no update. Anything on this issue?

Thanks!

Hi @Scott_Seiler,

The team is meeting to get to the bottom of this issue; please accept our apologies for the long turnaround time. I understand you’re also experiencing issues with DSD conversion and bit-perfect playback in ARC/Android in another thread, and we have a separate and concurrent investigation for that case. We’ll respond as soon as we have next steps - thank you for your patience.

Thanks! Well sit down because I may have some good news! I just downloaded a recent Android update for my Samsung phone and it appears to have resolved the issue. Not sure if it’s the same for other users that have replied in this thread but it seems to now adjust volume from the locked screen. Great! I’ll keep you posted.

I appreciate your dogged attention to this.

On the ARC playback. I’m not sure it’s just DSD Playback as it seemed to affect all playback from ARC to the Kann Alpha

Thanks

Hi @Scott_Seiler,

Reaching out here to let you know that this thread will auto-close shortly, but we’re addressing your issue with the Kann Alpha here:

This topic was automatically closed after 22 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.