HATE HATE HATE these UI issues

Feedback for the devs:

• One GREAT thing about Roon was that it showed the waveforms for tracks for which you had physical files for. I found this so useful. Now as music plays, it shows these waveforms as if the track was BRICKWALLED compressed. Obviously somebody decided this made it easier to see the current song position but it totally wrecks being able to drag back to a location in a song because the song is no longer recognizable. Please change this so that it doesn’t alter the waveform.

• Scrolling is now so frustrating (i.e. in a playlist or whatever) because it scrolls PAST where I want it to (it has momentum that was most likely added to feel ‘elegant’ but just makes for a frustrating experience. I literally scream out loud at least one a day. Please revert this change.

5 Likes

One thing I’ve noticed that just gripes the crap out of me is when I select an ARTIST to listen to, IN MY LIBRARY, Roon chooses the Qobuz version instead of mine??? WTH??? My rips sound better than Qobuz!!! If I wanted to hear Qobuz, I would have selected the artist from their selection NOT MINE!!!

7 Likes

That one honestly nuts me as well. And on top of that I often get that VERY SAME ALBUM listed AGAIN in the suggestion box! Well, if I already have it in my library, why would I need anyone suggesting it to me again? I know it already! Case closed!!

Artificial Intelligence at its very best…

5 Likes

And it doesn’t have the symbol that tells one that it is already in your library. Buggy as all get out.

3 Likes

I actually think this has improved and has became LESS brickwalled as 1.7 evolved and into 1.8. While it is shorter, perhaps this has boosted the peaks a bit? Not sure, but it sure was brickwalled much more two years ago.

1 Like

I read you loud and clear.

My question for V1.7 -

My question for V1.8 -

The reply -

1 Like

Fortunately …there is a setting for that…which makes Roon 1.8 as enjoyable as 1.7 now!

oh really, where do I find that setting?

bbrip,

I gotta remember where I found it…it was from one of Roon’s managers…I gotta go look around and I’ll get back…

I think it’s here?
Do you have settings > general > customise album display > show album rating set? You get the Star rating back and hopefully tyhat is in there too

1 Like

:rofl::rofl: Not sure whether you‘re joking a bit with us but thats not at all the issue that was discussed above

But thanks anyway

1 Like

I am sorry that those are the wrong instructions……I will keep looking……I find it crappy that Roon won’t make this choice easier to find……but usually in life when an answer is difficult to find……the answer is Money! It behoves Roon to encourage streaming instead of users being happy with their own library….

From the Queue screen select the ellipsis (…) at the bottom right corner of the page and toggle the switch “Limit Roon radio to library”.

The problem are the duplicate suggestions presented by Roon for Albums that you already have in your collection. And that it presents the stream version when you have the same Album already in your local collection.

You cant switch that off. It needs to be corrected the way it is currently designed.

But limiting Radio to collection helps a tiny bit :+1:

I canceled my Tidal subscription, problem solved. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Hey bbrip,

The instruction above should fix this…when I play Roon Radio it ALWAYS picks from my Library now!

1 Like

I noticed a live “button” directly above the chris rea album i was listening to. Turning it on and off seems to do nothing can anyone explain this? It is located directly right of the favourite symbol.

1 Like

If there are tracks in the album, that are studio and tracks that are live, then you toggle the display of tracks in the album to show only the live tracks.

Not to be confused with the red circle you can see on the album covers (depending on your settings) - those are for a Live album (completely live recording).

All of the tracks are live and have live written in red next to them. That explains why nothing happened. It would make more sense in this case if the live setting didn’t exist then?