Have to restart Core for it to see my DAC

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Room Nucleus (latest version)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Roon Nucleus connected directly to router via Ethernet cable

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Holo Audio May KTE Level 3 DAC connected via USB

Description Of Issue

Since updating to 1.8, every time I switch the DAC off and then back on, Roon cannot see the DAC. Even if I click on Manage Devices I cannot select the DAC. I have to restart the Nucleus once the DAC is switched on and then the DAC appears.

Same here, for a Chord Hugo2.

2 Likes

Same here. Since 1.8 audio devices (ropieee, iPhone) are constantly disappearing. Have to pray, restart roon core - some times they reappear, sometimes not. It did not help to install core on a fully blown i7 ws machine (instead of using my Synology DS918+ NAS).

Same here. After updating to 1.8 I have to use the web-interface to reboot my ROCK, which is very frustrating.
1.8 looks however good and I like the visual style for classical music.

I have had a similar issue. Doesn’t see my local DAC or motherboard sound card from the Win 10 client. Also, may see my Oppo-203 endpoint but won’t play until I reboot my Nucleus. Afterward, works fine but came back the next day and had to reboot it again to solve the same issue.

I’ve got the same exact issue and came here looking to see if this was a common one. Every single time I close Roon (which I have to do because of it using my dac exclusively) I lose access to my Dac. I have both a Zen Dac and an LS50w that just don’t show up as Audio Zones whenever I re-enter Roon. I have to log-on to my main core and restart it for things to work again. This is…not a sustainable way to use a piece of software like this.

A workaround is to enable a local sound-device on your roon-core (make it private - it’s not used). If your core runs 24/7, this should solve the issue. Read somewhere here, that the roon team is investigating this issue and will fix it next week with an update.

@azche24 Hi, I’m very new. How do you do what you have described? I’m running a roon core on a nuc 24/7. I have the same issue that some clients are suddenly not “seen” anymore (yesterday everything was great)

Go to settings on nuc/core, sound and enable any/one local sound device that shows up there (soundcard, whatever). It doesn‘t have to be connected. Then (if you wish) you can make this device private, so it doesn‘t show up on other clients. But that‘s cosmetic.

Apologies for the trouble here, everyone. Please see this post for updates: