Having problems "enabling" a new DAC

Hello,

Relatively new user, I am looking for help, @support to get a JDS Labs C5D (headphone dac/amp) to be recognized by Roon. It is connected directly to my Mac, and shows up in Settings > Audio. However, when I click the “enable” button it gets hung up on “enabling” and doesn’t go any further.

I can get it to work if I run it through the Mac System Output, but as I understand it, this is not ideal for the audio stream. I am not having any problems with it connecting to my main audio system. Tried restarting the computer. What am I missing?

Thanks,
AD

Screenshots

Hey @adavies3 — Thanks for the detailed report, it’s appreciated!

To start, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

May I kindly ask that you please verify the following:

• Are you able to play to this endpoint from the Mac outside of Roon?
  • Is this only happening with this endpoint, or does it happen with others as well?
  • Are there any pending OS updates? What OS version are you on?
  • Do you have any active antivirus or firewall active? If you turn them off do you experience the same behavior?

Regards,
Dylan

Hi Dylan,

Thanks for getting back to me. After your email, I managed to get it to work. I use sonicTransporter version and realized that hadn’t been updated (it was still at 1.4). After updating it to 1.5 (to match the version on my OS X Mac and rebooting), it recognized the JDS Labs C5D.

Thanks!
AD

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.