Headphones thread (show us yer cans)! [2018-09]

Nice. I’m looking forward to getting the upcoming PowerBeat Pro’s for listening on the move.

1 Like

I was driving Aeon Closed with the Explorer² connected to an iPad. I then replaced the iPad with a USBridge set up with wireless dongle (thanks @dabassgoesboomboom) and Mophie XXL Powerstation but now I have a Meridian Prime with LPSU connected to the USBridge. I am very, very happy with the setup.

1 Like

Nice… I have an itch to upgrade my Aeon Closed to something higher up in the MrSpeakers range but AFC’s play my music to my perfect liking already… and comfort is already perfect to my liking too. I think the cans higher up are a tad heavier.

I need a headphone “peg” board similar to yours. Very nice.

Let us know how the PowerBeat Pros sound when you get them.

1 Like

Will do… early word (pre-release of course) is they are (will be) less of the historical Beats sound and more balanced.

1 Like

This is the standard DUM cable.
I have another custom Corpse Cable ✦ GR∀EDIGGER Cardas blue 4x24 cable with XLR connector for use with my Aune X7s class A headphone amp.

1 Like

Had to send my Ifi Nano back to get a replacement as it’s faulty. Hopefully don’t have to wait long. In the meantime I just ordered a Dragonfly Black for on the go. I tried the Nano but it’s not really portable enough for my liking and too bulky as an overall package so it will stay at home when it returns. DB should arrive Friday so looking forward to hearing it. Also have some AGK K550 MK3 on order as I wanted some closed back for listening when the Mrs is watching TV so I’ll only use my iems for on the go got them pretty cheap as they are discontinued.

The Ether2 opens are very light. The headband strap is workable but could be better.

1 Like

Cool, thanks. I’ll need to give it a proper demo.

DFB arrived today. Have to say very impressed. After updating to latest firmware works across all apps and is a marked improvement over stock headphone output with better imaging and bass and treble response. Works really well with my se425’s.

I got new custom IEM’s today after a 5 week wait for the production.

This model https://www.stealthsonics.com/c4series

Maybe the non canjam logo I should have done a roon jellyfish :wink:

2 Likes

I’m thinking of getting custom molds for mine.

If you do I highly recommend at least getting an ENT Dr to do a full ear check-up and maybe a hearing test too. I did but only after the moulds had been taken…and make sure you get an option to redo the fitting if you are not happy with the fit…one of mine has the wrong logo, its also not the most comfortable to fit or wear so They will redo that side for me.

At the ENT I found I had worse hearing loss that I had hoped and some narrowing in one ear from probably teeth grinding over many years. But there was some good news and that was the wax built up in the last 10 months since last I had its cleaned out was not as bad as I thought and its was easily removed. Also got some guidance on how to best keep my ears healthy and fee of wax going forward.

1 Like

I’ll get the full thing as I have been suffering from Tinnitus over the last year which is starting to get me down and I fear I do have some hearing loss in my right ear. Saw the GP last week and he said my canals seemed very narrow and has referred me to local ENT but as it’s the NHS it’s six month wait. So I am going to see a private audiologist and get them to check me out. The company I’m looking at for the custom fits will sort out a scan or moulds locally to me, likely be the same place.

Well bonus the new iFI nano also arrived today. So now all setup with the AKG K550 sounds nice to.

I recently got Hifiman Susvara, fabulous but demanding to drive.
Discussed in detail here:

Hi, has anyone out there any experience of the ACS Emotion Universal In-Ear Monitor?

Kept in a cabinet, as the cats like to chew on the cables.

AudioQuest Nighthawk
Bose QC-25
Grado RS2i
MrSpeakers ETHER Open
Sennheiser HD 650, HD 660S
Sony MDR-Z7
STAX SR-30 + SR-4D
Sure SE846-CL, SE535LTD

3 Likes

Do really need that many?