Headphones thread (show us yer cans)! [2018-09]

You need to update your user icon :grin:

6 Likes

Yes, I do. Horses for courses.

2 Likes

RHA true connect

1 Like

Do you have as many speakers?

No. I have Sonos boxes sprinkled throughout the house, that’s it - for background listening.

I’ve retired my 2-channel system - probably forever. My wife doesn’t really listen to music and I don’t want to fight with her over speaker + gear placement.

1 Like

My son has a pair of these. They’re absolutely brilliant. Such a clever and well thought out design and beautifully made.

I got them for my commute as the ability to use Comply foam ear pieces allows blocking more than other devices. No high Res codecs but who can tell on the Tube!

Cans: Audio Technica MSR-7
DAC/Headphones amp: Topping DX3Pro
Integrated amp: Topping PA-3 driving a pair of Mission LX-2 bookshelf speakers (not shown)
Music Server: ZOTAC fanless PC loaded with ROCK

Music On The Go:
Music Transport: Mi A2 lite android one phone with 256Gb of microSD loaded with USB Audio Player PRO.
DAC/headphone amp: FiiO Q1Mk2 via FiiO USB OTG cable
Earphones: FiiO F9 Pro connected to Q1Mk2 via balanced cable.
FiiO pouch for Q1Mk2.

6 Likes

Too many? Come on that’s less a dozen :rofl:

When you get to 20 then maybe, just maybe you might have too many.

1 Like

LOL… I thought the same thing…that’s not too many.

Not sure 20 is too many either. :yum:

I stopped counting at 25…:roll_eyes:

Remember IEMs and ear buds don’t count as headphones :crazy_face:

Even if they are custom in ear monitors? If so, then I am just under the wire… :blush:
I didn’t count all the junk buds that came with DAPs and phones… :wink:

Okay maybe we can allow an exception for custom IEMs.

Glad that we are on the same page with respect to throw away ear buds.

By the way, I joined the Drop for the Massdrop x Beyerdynamic DT 177X GO Headphones, which won’t be arriving until late September and which might put me over the top (greater than 25) in headphones. I do love the house sound of Beyerdynamic. The DT 177X will be my fourth pair of Beyerdynamics - all of them excellent!

2 Likes

:smiley: I’m enjoying 4 different Hifiman regularly! Surprisingly different in sound signature, not just resolution.
(HE-560v3, HE-400i, HE-1000 and Edt Xv2)

What no other brands? Sennheiser, Focal, Fostex, Beyerdynamic, Ether, etc.

However with four Hifiman it looks like you are well on your way to a nice headphone collection :grin:

Of course! Denon, Focal, Philips and Sennheiser are worthy competitors! :wink:

Left my Shure carry case on the station seat this morning :frowning: . Thankfully I was actually using the IEM’s so its just the case and the cover for my DragonFly Black. Need to be more careful.

The HE-6se is a great set if you have a powerful headphone amp…

1 Like

@Mikael_Ollars
Yeah — I have used Audeze for years, have heard Hifiman cans occasionally, and finally bought Susvara. Wonderful, but demanding of amp.

1 Like

Fostex THX00, AKG K702 and Sennheiser HD6XX here, with the DAC/Amp Pioneer U-05S… different cans for different pleasures!