Hearting parity among all versions

Among the many applications of Roon, there appears to be inconsistencies when it comes to the heart♡ feature. Almost like it’s an afterthought during UI decisions.

On the Desktop and Remote apps, there is no way to heart a song from the now playing screen, even once it’s in your library.

In Roon ARC, it would be great if the heart wasn’t greyed out when listening to something not currently in your library, if instead it would let you click it, which would then add the song to your library and heart it.

It would also be nice to have a “+Add album to library” like on the desktop app. For both Roon ARC and Roon Remote now playing screen. This being a far bigger issue on Roon ARC because once you add a song to your library, you can no longer access the non-library version of it to add the whole album, something that I also believe needs to be fixed.

Yes, there is …

You can only mark releases in your library as favourite. This is intentional, and how Roon works.

You can add to library, too.

1 Like

While hearting is not one of the missing features on phone, others are missing and there are existing feature suggestions in case you care for any of them.

Some catch-alls:

Because the features will probably never be exactly the same for screen size reasons, there are also many others for specific ones like this and others

Sorry I should have been more clear, they don’t show up if you added something to your library while listening to it, once a song comes up and its already been in your library, then the heart will appear. So there’s no way to heart something you just added to your library while listening to it.

I understand that something needs to be “in your library” first to be favorited, but what I’m suggesting is that hearting a song that’s not currently in your library, would add it to your library AND favorite it, as it can’t be favorited unless its already in your library anyway. Basically eliminating multiple button presses in favor of 1. The button is already there, you can already do this manually by pressing 1 and then the other, so I don’t see it as an issue to combine them when the song is playing and you want both. You can still leave the “Add to library” button for the times when you just want to add it to your library but not favorite it, so functionally, the UI would stay the same. I would suggest the same for the desktop app and the remote, so there’s feature parity.

Okay, I understand. The reason for this, and it’s discussed elsewhere in the forum, is that the release you’re playing is not the same (database object) as the one you’ve added to your library.

There are probably feature requests about this. However, I out, so can’t check.

There are endless requests by searching In #feedback:feature-suggestions for „add to library“ one of these will be it:

https://community.roonlabs.com/search?q=%23feedback%3Afeature-suggestions%20add%20library

Or

https://community.roonlabs.com/search?q=%23feedback%3Afeature-suggestions%20add%20library%20one%20click