Hegel Roon Ready status statement

Hmmm. Couldn’t you say that any time? I mean, time monotonically advances, so if we assume that at some theoretical point in the future Hegel actually delivers on that RR promise, then aren’t we, every second, closer than we were one second ago? Much more so one month. That’s a clever way of putting it.

Probably. It’s not saying much more, the way I see it, than ‘we’re working on it’ or maybe if you are more cautious ‘we have been working on it between a month ago and now’. For all we know the work could be at a complete stand-still, progressing at blistering speed, or progressing at a rate somewhere in between when this statement was made :man_shrugging:. Wouldn’t really blame Anders for not sticking his neck out considering the history …

Paradox of Achilles and the tortoise…

More than three years ago, Hegel said that the H390 would be Roon Ready ‘soon’.
Hegel has the same time perception as geologists.

Or glaciologists.

1 Like

Glaciers are disappearing these days faster than Hegel is coding firmware.

3 Likes

A little late, but better than never :slight_smile:
I have ordered an Accuphase E-5000 and a DAC-60 card.
As streamer i will use an Auralic Aries Mini.
For my Accuphase E-380 i also ordered a DAC-60 and will use a RPi2 (DietPi) as streamer, but using a Bluesound Node 2i in the meanwhile as DAC.

Note that Accuphase DAC cards do not support Linux native DSD. You cannot play DSD256 to it using Pi.

Thanks Peter for pointing that out!

june 20 and no roon for h390…a comedy of errors

3 Likes

Indeed. I recently picked up an H200 second hand and I love how it sounds. The Hegel “house sound” suits my Harbeths really well. I had the opportunity to get a H390 for sensible money, but frankly, without working roon implementation, why would I bother. which means a lost customer to Hegel.

Maybe they don’t care. Maybe they don’t need roon users. But if I refuse to get one on the basis of lost functionality, I’m sure there are many more.

H590 owner here - and I totally appreciate challenges getting things to work over those amplifiers.

Thanks in advance for your generous time communicating with us on this forum, do you have an update for us as it seems it takes a little more than a month?

2 Likes

As impressive as their amplification supposedly is, i still think Hegel would do well to make a high-end integrated WITHOUT all the DAC and Roon-ready stuff.

The streaming stuff changes so frequently, and can be a nightmare to implement (as we’ve seen).

1 Like

Sorry for being offline for some time and not reporting on the progress. I have strong reason to believe it may be just around the corner now. I thought it would have moved faster, but I do believe we have fixed all the issues at this point. If that proves correct we should be very very close.

10 Likes

Thank you for the exciting update @Anders_Ertzeid - great news and much appreciated!

2 Likes

Hi Anders!

I don’t normally get excited about the Roon conversation - except for it to be over. I do wonder if offering indeterminate timelines is in your best interest though.

It is exactly what you said you’d never do, so you must be confident. And I believe. It might just get folks all worked up though. Specifics are your friend in this context.

2 Likes

Well… not great and not news :sneezing_face:

Can’t wait for compensation from Hegel and just bought Roon lifetime subscription. Earlier I’ve bought other amp and going to sell my H390. Out of principle.
Sorry, but I wouldn’t recommend to deal with this company.
And yes:

…I get hysterical, hysteria
When you get that feelin’, do you believe it?
It’s such a magical mysteria
When you get that feelin’, better start believin
'Cause it’s a miracle

Summary

https://youtu.be/DRjWU5BdO-g

Who will give me back my money and more than 2 years of hassle? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Money back or compensation, that will not happen i guess.
I had two hegel amps, an H190 and a H390, sold them both.
After i sold the H190, it became Roon Ready.

For me it is clear case, i will never ever use a hegel product in my audio chain again.
The H190 is replaced with an Accuphase E-380 and the H390 replacement is on order, a Accuphase E-5000.
That money could have gone to hegel, but this is the way the cookie crumbles.

Anyways, hope for you H390/590 users that soon really is what the word means.

2 Likes

Hegel always refused to answer this question. I will never buy anything from this company again.

C’mon guys, let’s not start this all over. It is what it is, and all in the 499 posts above this one.

8 Likes