Hegel Roon Ready status statement

@Anders_Ertzeid is there any chance, once the big amps are ‘ready’ that the H95 might get some Roon magic?

It is rather puzzling that they did not prioritize the more expensive model H390/H590 with Roon.

I doubt it.

I was hoping that the DAC & firmware in H95 & H120 might be the same & therefore it might be possible.
I actually have H120 with Roon & it sounds fantastic, but was thinking of getting a H95 for another room, but wanted to cut down on extra ‘bits’ for Roon usage :wink:

A complete and total lack of appreciation and respect for clients like me that spent money on their equipment. I bought the H360 when it came out and upgraded to the H390 when that one came up for sale in Canada. Now I’m stuck with a unit that doesn’t have a feature that it was promised and one of the main reasons I upgraded from the 360 to the 390. Don’t get me wrong, I love my 390 and how smooth it sounds with my B&W 803D2, but the expectation was that it would be delivered with what it was commercially advertised as being a unit that would be Roon Ready “shortly”. Now here we are 2 years later, Hegel has taken my hard earn money for the 2 units I have purchased from them and have yet to deliver on the promise they made. Shame on you and if I ever run into you guys at a show; I will make a point of bringing this up and expect an answer while I am standing in front of you; its easy to “ignore” us from behind a computer screen, not so much if we are present in the moment with you. with that said, I promise Hegel you have lost a customer that believed in your products, your company and your way of doing things; but that trust is gone. Good luck

3 Likes

Hi Rafi. Sorry for the slow responses now as I have been travelling. Unfortunately the H95 will not be able to get Roon.

Hi @Anders_Ertzeid
thank you so much for your reply, I really appreciate it
That has helped me make some purchasing decisions :wink:
I hope that the other amps get what they deserve ASAP…

1 Like

Apparently, something the big boys, H390 and H590, share with the little brother, H95.

1 Like

They have lost whatever credibility they have. When I purchased my H590 at end of 2020 I am given the impression that Roon is around the corner but after months of waiting, I decided to rid of it and went for a separate int amp with streamer and have never been happier.

H590 is my first and last purchase with Hegel!

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: IC: Hegel H390 integrated amplifier with built-in DAC

I’ve had my H390 for 12 months now and although it had been out well over a year before then and still wasn’t Roon Ready, I was sure i’d have had Roon Readiness by now.

I think its a brilliantly sounding amplifier but the fiasco with Roon is not a good look for Hegel. Either incompetence or incapability…

2 Likes

Why not both?

Yes, either or, or both, but not not both.

@Anders_Ertzeid. Jesus, this is so absolutely ridiculous, what is happening over there?! My 390 is starving for roon readiness. LETS GO ALREADY!!!

1 Like

Yes I know. And I agree. But it really looks like it is coming together now. All I can say is that I am really sorry for the waits.

2 Likes

:rofl:

////

3 Likes

BRB holding my breath

Hi Anders are we talking less than a month?

If he said yes, would you believe him anyway…?

1 Like

I hope so, but I dont want to give promises where I am depending on others and also 3rd party for it to happen.

But I have some reason to hope so

6 Likes