Hegel Roon Ready status statement

Two years late with Roon?
Yeah, absolutely blinding job.
We should build a statue.

1 Like

I’ve had an email back from Hegel (in Norwegian, so am paraphrasing for you here), mentioning that development of Roon (for at least the H190) is complete, and is simply waiting for approval from Roon. So unless the code is drastically different for other models - then I would also expect this to be the case for those as well.

2 Likes

interesting. Is it an official promotional email, or a private email from an individual at Hegel? (Can you share?)

There is nothing on the Hegel website about this…

This was a private email. So it is not a public statement. I’m assuming they will issue a public statement when it has been certified.

1 Like

I’m hoping it’ll land in august, which would put it right at the 2 year anniversary of the delay announcement

Would have a lovely poetry to it

That is great news! Looking forward to hear more about the actual release date!

You are not the only one….

Happy anniversary! :confused:

“If it’s not here, it doesn’t exist” :sneezing_face:

3 Likes

I think the operative word (in their release dated August 2020) is …… “wait a bit longer “

If a “bit” longer for Hegel means more than a year, without any official update of progress (or lack thereof !!), I feel it says more about their overall approach than the specific Roon Ready project. I feel that Hegel has just taken its customers - specially folks like me who appreciate the analog capabilities of their amplifiers - for granted.

I have already relegated the H390 to my second system, and I have put it up for sale. Let’s see if I get a buyer first, or the Roon Ready comes ultimately. I have had to, unfortunately, recommend a number of my friends to not believe in any future feature promises by Hegel.

Hehe :smirk:
Sweet endless tiny details :sneezing_face:

There is 0,01% (0.01%) of tiny things left.
I (maybe others as well ) want to know where i (we) stand.

@Anders_Ertzeid

I completely understand the disappointment and frustration. We are, as ever, working really hard to get to the finish line 0,01% in front of us. There isn’t really much more to say about the progress other than that when it happens it happens. I am really sorry for this.

1 Like

I just buy a H590 and V10 for my Roon based setup. I will wait, mean time I use a LUMIN U1 mini as streamer/Roon endpoint. I hope that I will not be disappointed.

1 Like

This is a very annoying and nothing saying answer!
It does not take me, the owner of two expensive Hegel amplifiers, serious.
What your @Anders_Ertzeid answer does not say is louder than what it does say!

Roon Ready will probably not happen (soon), … i draw my conclusion from the answer.

1 Like

Talk about diminishing returns!

When and if Roon Ready ever happens, the backlash will be even greater if it isn’t outstanding.

They have really painted themselves into a corner.

1 Like

Yes, that came out wrong, in a way. But lets try to better explain it. If you have one hurdle to pass and you are working on that it can be really difficult, if not impossible, to say exactly when where you are at passing it. Sorry to sound like a complete idiot here, but it is the truth. And belive me, no-one wants this sorted more than we.

1 Like

I was testing 2 weeks ago a lyngdorf tdai 3400 Roon certified and it has a noticeable lag on some commands, i would not pass it. I sold 2 years ago my blue sound node 2i Roon certified because of problems with Roon (skipping first seconds on play) (another thread on this forum).
What is so hard to pass certification ?

I’m amp shopping right now and Hegel is where I’m leaning. Roon Ready will push me over the edge.

1 Like

If you’ve got any need for Roon Readiness, you need to look elsewhere (unless you are happy to purchase a standalone streamer)