Hegel Roon Ready status statement

I purchased their H190 only after Hegel advised it would be Roon ready “very soon.” I’d read their apology saying they’d run late on their promises for about a year, so I figured they were close.

But it’s been 12 more months since then and my H190 is still not Roon ready.

I’m done with Hegel permanently.

20 posts were merged into an existing topic: Hegel country of origin

Just a few more last tweaks (and tricks)

1 Like

Funny that the words ‘Roon’ and ‘soon’ are so similar. Coincidence?

Or you could just run Ropieee on a Pi via WiFi and sit it next to your Amp with a short USB cable.

Hegel cant implement Roon into expensive hardware yet the dude who owns Ropieee just gives to the community via love and choice based donations.

I know which approach I prefer.

My H390 is since a few weeks connected with USB to a Ropieee driven Pi4.
It is connected with gigabit ethernet to a MikroTik router in switch configuration.
Very satified with the result.

Agree that Ropieee is a very nice solution and deserves our communties support :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I think Pi is a sensible and very cost effective way to implement Roon.

I have 2 HiFi amps at home. One is a fully loaded “future fi” as Darko calls it, and the other is just a pure analoge integrated.

The irony being that the pure analoge is actually more future proof than the fully loaded Amp.

I can always add components to the analogue Amp but at some point parts of the “fully loaded” amp will probably reach the point of obsolescence.

1 Like

This thread started in September 2020!
We are approaching Juli 2021 and still no Roon Ready for (some) Hegel products.
Hegel is being silent about where they stand now in the process and probably will for some time longer.

“We hope you have the patience to wait a bit longer.”
Hegel support Oslo, August 2020

Any comments @Anders_Ertzeid ?

Yeah, it’s kind of entering famous ‘we announced but will never ship’ territory right up there with Microsoft Windows Longhorn and Blackberry Playbook. Hegel’s software team should be embarrassed by this whole debacle. I appreciate the amplification of my Hegel but I will NEVER buy another Hegel product that relies on integrated software. Who knows when Roon support will release, and don’t get me started on Airplay 2 support. Apple will probably be at Airplay 4 by the time Hegel updates.

You need your ear’s tested :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I kinda feel you guys. I purchased my ARCAM ST60 Streamer back in Jan 2021 only because it was advertised as Roon Ready in ARCAM website. After I got it, to my surprise, it was not Roon Ready. Contacted ARCAM and Roon a few times, both of them said always the same: we are working on getting it Roon Ready. The ST60 was released back in Sep 2020 and just 2 weeks ago finally got the Roon Ready status. Hang in there, pretty sure your Hagel Integrated will get the Roon Ready status any time soon.

Thank you for the info, keep up the good work :partying_face:

Seems like they could push things out to beta testers, no? (Or maybe this has been discussed.)

I have built software, and I know it’s difficult to envision all scenarios without proper real-world testing. If they are really “99.9% there” I would think testing and breaking and fixing and perfecting is what’s needed now.

If you mean users outside the company, no, this is technically not possible due to how Roon prevents use of non-certified endpoints by general users. Simply giving users a beta firmware would only result in an “uncertified” status that users cannot use. This policy started on September 21, 2020.

Oh, good point. I remember that.

Can a manufacturer work with Roon to certify a specific group of beta testers for this purpose?

It was possible to get “developer” status for a while in the “Roon Ready only” transition period as i recall.

I probably will sell my ATC SCM40’s and go active with a pair of ATC SCM40A’s.
My H390 will be repurposed for use in the living room with a pair of ATC SCM19’s.
This is after we, my girlfriend and i, move to our new house in september.
If Roon Ready is available on the H390 and it is working as i expect it to by then, maybe we deviate from that plan…

99.9% readiness is good information. Considering that the promise to make Hegel Roon ready was made 2 years ago, a simple mathematical calculation says that everything will be ready in 8-9 days.

1 Like

We will probably see snow again before Roon Ready is released.
And i will not speculate on the year :woozy_face:

1 Like

i have canceled my weekend plans
:hugs:

1 Like