Hegel Roon Ready status statement

The link on the Hegel site has been discussed a few months ago.
It was on the Hegel site and been “removed” faster than lightning once it became public that is was there.

Hegel has no Roon Ready devices and the status is unknown.

Anders from Hegel wrote earlier in this thread:

Yeah, and it was up again tonight leading me to believe the happens when it happens had happened.

But alas:

[Andreas Sveen Bjørnstad]
I am very sorry to have to disappoint. This was a mistake on our part. When updating our webpage to the multilingual version, this landing page was accidentally activated. It should not have been. We are still in the process of certifying our products and we do not know when this process will be finished

When Hegel is on the partner pages and find your product there, then it is time to :partying_face:
Until then (when ???), you have to just wait and hope it happens if it happens at all.

My local HiFi shop tried to sell me a V10 and although a phono amp has nothing to do with Roon Ready, I turned it down based solely on the ongoing debacle I have witnesed in this thread.

Just so you understand your company’s incompetency has ramifications.

3 Likes

I have to say, i really love my H190 and H390, but i have mixed feelings for the brand.
Not being able to get Roon Ready and not saying why is not loyal to their customers.
Is it hardware restrictions, developer choices, budget, third party liabilities, patents or is it just terminated (sorry Anders) and Hegel hopes it all goes away.
Whatever it is, we have to guess and wait.

There is no public evidence of Roon being implemented as i am aware.
No information* about RR being beta tested, if there is a release candidate or status other than the mentioned struggle for the 0.,01%.

When i find an alternative for my H190 before RR and my WAF agrees, it goes (the Hegel that is). The H390 stays because of its fantastic amplification, not because of it being a Hegel.
I always have been loyal to those who show they are worth my loyalty, being it a company**, shop or a person, but when betrayed or fooled around with, they are out!

.* I have seen a Hegel with Roon in its display, i believe at Darko if i remember correctly, but photoshop/gimp is your friend.

.** As a fly fisherman e.g., the Orvis brand has my loyalty, they have never let me down, they are awesome (could not resist to name them).

1 Like

I like many of you bought my H390 with the expectation of having a Roon Ready product in a short period of time. That was 2 years ago. Promises were made as to the introduction of the ability as far as release date(the goal post kept getting pushed again and again). Then Covid happened…in case anyone is not aware a global pandemic just might have some affect on the resolution process extending the release time frame. Am I disappointed…of course…am I frustrated…no doubt. That being said the H390 is a wonderful piece of equipment that has given me many hours of joy and do not regret my decision to purchase it. I’m sure that the folks at Hegel want this resolved more than any of you . I’m sure they are well aware of the damage this is doing to their reputation and are doing everything to get it done…that being said. Their products are now 2 years behind the impact point…meaning having a cutting edge Amp with a cutting edge service like Roon…the hype is gone and what we have left is a company that I fear will become a DODO due to the massive backlash in the audio journal world…you are only as good as your last effort and they have failed miserably intended or not.

1 Like

I would really like to know how many Roon user actually own a Hegel model that should have been Roon Ready a long time ago.
How many candidate Roon Ready Hegels are out there and what is the percentage owned by Roon users?
Are we a marginal or a substantial group?
When we are marginal, the effect on the reputation for Hegel will be just that, marginal.

I also feel massively fooled by Hegel regarding RR support.

On the other hand:
what is the REAL change in terms of signal/sound quality when full roon-ready?
I currently hooked up my H590 to Roon as is and wonder: will the RR-status make my device that massively better?

What do you guys expect sound-wise from RR?

I expect to have a one box solution, sound wise bit perfect is just that…

2 Likes

If and when Hegel are Roon Ready we should wait a few months before taking any reported judgement on sound quality seriously.

The obligatory placebo effect on how marvelous it may be will no doubt be stratospheric.

I don’t own a Hegel, but hope they do deliver the RR status. This thread will be comedy gold if they do.

2 Likes

Roon recommend separately core and network endpoint , you have automatic power on and input switch to Roon network input beside volume from USB.

A slightly better sound compared to airplay playback probably.
But there is no difference in sound quality between Upnp and RAAT. Roon team confirmed that statement years ago. So you maybe fooling yourself if you expect a massively better sound.

My speculation, after trying the sonic orbiter bridge to do Roon DLNA through the squeezebox function, is that Airplay with Roon to a H390 will be superior. I am still curious and dying to do the comparison. My money is with Appl3seed though, but there is no let down, the Airplay H390 is amazing with Tidal. Throw a few ferrite chokes on the Ethernet cable and you will be rewarded.

It is October, temperatures are dropping, there is already snow in the mountains.
Trees show their magnificent fall colors, it is raining… there will be snow soon in the garden, the river slow flowing, water captured in ice.
Music becomes more important when we use the indoors more than the great outdoors
A new winter season coming … full of surprises, promises broken, promises fulfilled… another year soon passed.

9 Likes

Yes, I do not have Hegel. Until now, as well as full support for the Roon. I periodically go into this topic and postpone the purchase

1 Like

As an amplifier the H190 and H390 are fantastic, as Roon Ready* devices, they suck.

DISCLAIMER:
* The Hegels are not Roon Ready, i repeat, they are NOT Roon Ready!!!

My H190 is announced as “willing to trade” for a Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 in a hifi forum.
If no one is willing to trade, it will be up for sale and i will buy a “new” TDAI-3400 instead.

2 Likes

Yeah, not Roon ready but compatible with Roon. Roon plays flawlessly and beautifully to my H390 and Rost with Airplay.

1 Like

I think you’ll be very happy with the lyngdorf.

I have the small 1120 in my stua.
Cracking little amp and the room perfect software is a fantastic inclusion.

Well, i’m unsubscribing from these Hegel threads, as I went ahead and did my upgrade.

Luxman L509X integrated. Yeah, I’ll have to use another DAC/streamer, which i have in a Raspberry Pi with Pi2AES HAT (in the walnut case above) and a Topping D70 DAC, but that’s just fine. I realized that I was OK keeping the fast-changing world of streamers separate from the amp itself.

I can see myself getting a Lumin T2 or similar next year.

This integrated sounds bloody amazing, and its built-in phono stage for my Shure V15 Type IV is as good as any of my separate phono preamps.

11 Likes