Help with M-DAC Settings required

Can you tell me the settings to enable 192 on the M-DAC? I’ve just relegated mine to the ‘play with another day when I want a change’ box. I got rid of my iFi Zen Stream and now have a Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 connected via (currently a cheapo) USB1 (I think) A-B to my NUC ROCK. I also have Ropieee XL running on an RPI 4B with Allo Digi HAT connected to the Pro-Ject via SPIDF Digital Cable. All feeds into a BeoSound 3000 & Beolab 8000 active speakers. Quite happy, but like to play.

You need to use the coax input, usb is limited to 24/96 according to the specs

https://www.audiolab.co.uk/mdac/

1 Like

I assume your Allo HAT is the DigiOne, in which case you need Ethernet input, then CoAx output, as @Stefano_Antonelli points out the USB limits at 96 . Also the M-DAC has a clash with Linux so even using USB you may get a low level “buzz”

I ran a pi3 and later a pi4 with the Allo DigiOne in this config with the M-DAC for many years before I upgraded to my current Naim Unity HE

1 Like

Thanks for the response and my apologies for the delay responding. I am now back with the M-DAC but have bought a Wiim Pro, which enables me to enter the digital capabilities of my DAC. Connected by Coax, I have set it to 24/192. Sounds good. Looking forward to the Wiim Pro obtaining the planned ‚ROON Ready‘ status.