Hi I'm Michael, new Product Manager. Let's Chat!

Hallo Michael
on my extern hard disk exists more than 1600 Alben.
But after starting ROON there appears only 3 one.
My system is macOS 12.3.1 with Devialet expert 440.
How can I delete this mistake?

Best regards
Ernst

Open a thread in the support area.

1 Like

Hello @michael and welcome!

The two big ones for me are:

1. Better understanding of Classical music. Until Roon knows if a each piece can be classified as a sonata, a string quartet, a symphony, a cantata, and what instrument is featured, using it for classical music will always be hit or miss. I realize this is a big “ask” as to metadata, and Roon may not really care about making its Classical support excellent, as we are a small fragment of the market.

2. Better DSP changes. The screens and methods for saved settings are a bit opaque. In particular, why isn’t the saved name shown when saving (like saving a file)? More importantly, it would be helpful to be able to switch DSP actions on and off with one click and to have them take effect with much less disruption to the music.

3 Likes

Have to add to 2. what many using a convolution filter tell me: would be needed to switch between uploaded convolution filters.

Hi Michael, nice to meet you. Much like yourself I’m a music and food guy listening to all genre’s and cooking food from all over the world. I use Roon all over the house Livingroom, office, bathroom, kitchen, shed. you name it I have an endpoint. I’d like to see Roon give me the oppertunity to listen on the go in the future updates. As well as the option to use services like Deezer. It’s my preferred service as its straight up CD quality. Roon feels like I’m locked in to Tidal with their MQA jiggery pokery or Qobuz which is ok but I don’t buy into all the Hi-Res content.

Have a nice day

Ian

1 Like

Hi @michael,
Nice to meet you. Thought I send a reply from The Netherlands; never been to Portugal or the States I’m afraid :smile:.
I am a Roon user approx. 2,5 years now and I use it on a daily basis. Endpoints in the living room, kitchen and shed and one for my bluetooth headphone, all based on different Raspberry Pi’s (2 with Ropieee; thank you, Harry.) In my study/movie room I have a NAD receiver with BlueOS.
I love Roon from day one. The extra information of artists and albums, the seamless integration of my local music files and a streaming service, the integration with different hardware, the search capabilities, Roon Radio and lately the Daily Mixes.
But I have to admit I have a couple of wishes:

I wish you all the best with your new job at Roon!

4 Likes

I wonder if @michael is still around :grin:

Thanks for all of the feedback and conversations thus far everyone. I assure I’m here, just lurking and compiling thoughts. Keep ‘em coming please!

2 Likes

Glad to hear! :smiley:
Would be great to get your thoughts on some of the points outlined in the meantime.

2 Likes

Hello Micheal, hope you are doing well. Roon is about 90% perfect for my interests and needs, the only problem I have right now is that genres are way too cumbersome to manage. Not only do I have my own custom genres, I also have my custom genre hierarchy, created by looking at several online databases like RYM, allmusic, discogs, and etc. I would like to completely rework the roon genre database from the ground up. I would really appreciate the ability for a subgenre to have multiple parent genres, not just one. For example, I want EDM to be the subgenre of not just Electronic, but also Dance.

A batch editing tool that gives me complete access to the entire roon genre database would also be great, so that could easily edit and rename genres and sort out their hierarchies all on a text document like interface, rather than having to tediously go back and forth between hundreds of pages.

Genres are extremely important to my music listening experience, and the current cumbersome state of genre management in roon is just about the only major issue that is preventing me from committing to roon for the rest of my life :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for your interest in our feedback!

Oh, and while I have your attention (even though I realize that this is completely out of your hands but hey, a man can dream), Apple Music integration pls! In my opinion they have the biggest and best variety of editor made playlists out of any music streaming service. They even have lossless now sooooo.

Desirable no doubt but integration requires the cooperation of Apple who don’t appear to be interested at the moment. The community is full of discussions about Apple integration, if you need more information (and have lots of spare time :wink:) have a search.

3 Likes

Hi @michael
Thanks for introducing yourself to the community. I am sure you will get tons of requests for long promised features. It is hardly possible to meet the expectations of Roon users. An American living in Europe sends me a positive signal of cosmopolitanism. I was recently in Porto and was amazed by the city and its culture.

I’ve been using Roon since version 1.2 and I do like the combination of local music library and streaming services. However, what I miss in Roon is the function of mobile use outside the home network, which has been on the top list of desired features for many years. This shortcoming means that you have to use an alternative music player for this purpose and thus have to maintain your playlists and favorite artists/albums on multiple platforms. What I would like to see in this regard is a more binding communication when this function will be finally released.

Cheers,
Alex

3 Likes

@michael

I sent you a message after our chat to provide some screenshots. I sent the message three times in total, but it does not show up in my messages overview here in the forum.

Did you receive it by any chance?

Welcome and the best for you in this new adventure.

I am a nucleus owner, and I am very happy with the product. I write from Spain close to Portugal.

I am interested in the possibility of integrated google translator into de system, and in every improvement focus in the best audio quality possible. I am a DSD user 80% time.

Kind regards.

1 Like

Hello,
My name is Thomas M. Welcome Michael. I am a Roon member of less than 24 hours but already loving the service. I love prog rock and early (medieval/renaissance/baroque) music. I play ren./bar. lute and love how I can listen to an album and get similar recommendations. I will be primarily using Tidal as Qobuz is not offered in Canada (yet). Is there any chance of adding Deezer Hi-Fi in the future? Thanks.

1 Like

Roon runs my system completely.

What I’d like is a way to search by mood. I like jazz but only the mellow and relaxing stuff. Can’t abide the hard bop or that off key tuneless stuff I don’t even know the name of!

However many players have work of both kinds and I’d like a way to sort by mood, tempo etc please!

1 Like

Ropiee is the reason I got into roon :slight_smile: Now i’m using Volumio to be able to stream “radios” while roon server has crashed and I need to concentrate, but the Ropiee with a touchscreen in the lounge is the best roon addon and reason for it’s existance (PS: Love to be able to buy some type of box for the PI screen so it looks like something HIFI and not a DIY project)

PS: Another reason i’ve switched to volumio: I’m ditching a bit HQplayer and using Roons upsampling that works rather well

PS2: Never understood why volumio can’t showcase coverart like Roopie. It’s a bit dissapoining
Great work on everyones behalf and thanks for everything!

1 Like

In response to your question regarding how Roon fits into my listening life… it is the center of it while at home, driving multiple zones, but once I leave the house, sadly it plays no part. As a person who listens primarily to my personal library (vs Tidal or the like), this is a real hole. There has been on/off talk of allowing Roon to be accessed remotely - I am hopeful that someday that will become a reality.

If you are looking for Roon to be part of our lifestyle. Expanding from being part of our lifestyle only when we are home to regardless of where we are would make a great deal of sense.

2 Likes

Hi Michael,

I’m having an on-going issue with Roon not playing m4a on a Linux server. It’s been ongoing for months and AFAIK there are others that are seeing the same issue. I have FFMPEG installed and it works with other playback software on the server. FFMPEG supports m4a and I can’t play back stuff I’ve bought from Apple using my Roon system that I pay for.

I’m also seeing constant network disconnects from the core to the controllers on either Windows or iOS platforms. I have multiple playback devices such as a Volumio with Roon Endpoint and a Moon 390.

Part of the reason that I went for Roon was because the core can run on Linux.

I’d really appreciate some help!