High CPU use on client after 1.7 update

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 Pro v1909 build 18363.1139 / Pentium G4400 8GB / Roon 1.7 (build 667) stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

ASUS RT-N88U Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Macbook Pro built-in output

Description Of Issue

As soon as Roon client on Macbook (15-inch, 2018 MacOS 10.15.7 (19H2)) starts CPU is pegged by Roon and RAATServer and remains at that level.

RoonAppliance and RoonServer.exe on core are using no CPU

covenant

This behaviour only began after updating both core and client to 1.7. Have restarted all devices with no change.

Ugly known issue for Mac users:

It is not an issue that affects only the Mac mini, many models affected, catalina, mojave…

1 Like

FWIW I switched to wifi from ethernet and that has stopped it.

I would prefer to use ethernet but if it means listening to screaming fans and wondering what the melting temperature of my Macbook is wifi will do for now.

1 Like

Hi @jimmy.kl,

We are still actively looking into this issue. You can try to toggle your WiFi on/off if this behavior re-occurs, as that has helped some users.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.