How do I know if I have an uncertified Roon Ready device?

Once Roon receives your form and makes you a “developer” this will be a non-issue for you. Other subscribers who don’t submit the form will be unable to re-enable their subject devices if they ever need to. It is up to the manufacturers to get in compliance with the Roon licensing agreements.

I’m confused by this isn’t Vortexbox a server product?

Evidently a different concern (or a spin off?) -

Same thing they just rebranded. They are servers that can have local playback or serve to an endpoint like any other Roon server they jus run Vortexbox os which is a modified Sonore one used on MicroRendu and Sonic Transporters. So this seems odd unless one is being used purely as an endpoint which must be the case.

Yes, I think Audiostore is a rebranding of Vortexbox. The device I am using is as Audiostore Prestige 3, marketed as an ‘Ultra flexible streamer, server, player’.
https://www.vortexbox.co.uk/Audiostore_Prestige_3/p317978_16932231.aspx

It is connected to a USB DAC (Chord Qutest). The link above has the following comment about Roon certification:

thanks, Mel

Are you using at your Roon core or just a streaming endpoint connected to another core? As if it’s the core then it should not be uncertified if connected to a DAC.

My Core is shown as ‘Sonicorbiter’ (the Prestige is Sonicorbiter based) when I navigate to Services/General. The Roon software and my music are stored on the Prestige. Does my ‘Device Setup’ give any clues as to why I have issues (see below)? Apologies if I am misunderstanding how my system works.

I’ve just had another thought… When I got the Prestige two years ago, I briefly used it with my Niam streaming DAC (not USB), but quickly ditched it for the (better sounding) Chord Qutest USB DAC. The setup has worked flawlessly from that point, and I have not messed with it since. Could my issues be a hangover from initially using the Naim (which I no longer have)? i.e. is there something that I neglected to reconfigure in the setup when changing to the Chord?

thanks Mel

Possibly you should be able just connect the DAC to the prestige and it will show up as connected to the core device in Settings Audio, enable it. You shouldn’t need the bridge at all unless they are doing something very odd.

I have an iFi PRO iDSD, I have looped them in and asked for clarification. If they don’t get certified by 21st the only option I have is to volunteer as a developer and submit the form. :unamused:

I have an iFi Pro iDSD. They have never said they were Roon Ready.
Is Settings==> Audio giving you a pink banner?

Don’t understand what you are worried about.

1 Like

Hi,

My Pro iDSD is currently connected via laptop, Since my router is in a different room and my N+ is wired to router. This week I’m planning to get a WIFI Node and move my N+ to my home office and connect the Pro iDSD directly to N+.

Regards,
Tushar.

It uses squeezbox streaming via the UPnP bridge software it’s not Roon Ready.

1 Like

Doesn’t make any difference, it’s not Roon Ready it uses Squeezelite via a upnp bridge software you need to install on a Windows pc.

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you, for your response. Please forgive my ignorant questions.

Effectively, it means connecting Pro iDSD directly to N+ USB will not make any difference. It is better to use the iDSD via PC/Laptop.

Are the Cambridge Audio CXN V2 and 851N players both certified as Roon Ready?

It appears so: https://roonlabs.com/partner-cambridge/

1 Like

I think I’ve cracked it! The issue was that the Setting/Audio was showing my Qutest connected to the Core, but it wouldn’t let me enable it (said ‘device not recognised’). However, by ‘enabling local playback’ and de-selecting ‘USB DAC’ in Roon Ready, the pink unverified banner has disappeared and the Qutest is now shown as connected to Core and enabled.

Thanks for your help, Mel

1 Like

Hmmm The Lindemann Limetree Network is on the Roon Ready list…

Hello @Dick_Vliek,

Your Lindemann Limetree Network is misreporting itself to Roon. You should reach out to Lindemann for further assistance, it is likely a firmware issue.

-John

1 Like