How do I know if my suggestions and bug reports are considered by ROON?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac Mini, High Sierra 1.8

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

LAN

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

i-Node 2i

Description Of Issue

My question is of general nature: I have the category ‘Feature Request’, but no Reporting for Bugs. I placed 2 questions under Feature Request (a) Bug, that Output devices are not recognised after wake-up from sleep-mode of server and b) the request, that I can filter also albums by my own star-rating only (and not by a mix with editors’s ratings). But I do not get any reply there from a ROON-employee! It would be important to receive comments there by ROON in order to know, if such a suggestion will be tracked and implemented or if such a request is sent into the air and ROON does not read it even.

Overall: VERY good job! Go on!

Felix

The devs read but usually do not comment on them. And they almost never give any timelines.

Hi @Felix_P

Our product team keeps a close eye on the feature request category, but we don’t regularly comment on requests.

For issues, you can report them to #support and we’ll help you out! Regarding the issue you mentioned, it might be related to this:

We are anticipating having a solution for this soon!

Dear Dylan!

Thank you very much for your Feedback!

First: Best regards to the entire Roon-Team! Good Job with version 1.8 and bugfixes go on quickly!

I would appreciate the following: a) Support: a personal problem while using ROON b) Reporting of bugs and c) feature suggestions.

It would be a sign of appreciation to also get an indication if a feature request will be considered in due time or not. Why not having a list of „upcoming features“?

From my side:

a) Need for support: currently not

b) Bug reporting: Waking up my server (Mac-Mini) starts roon, but does not refresh the roon-devices in the network (this means: unless restarting ROON I do not see most of the output-devices). Was fixed in 1.7, problem reoccurs with 1.8 occasionally

c) Feature request: Filtering by star-rating is currently a mix between editors rating and my personal ratings (whatever is higher). I would like to have the option of a) filtering by my own ratings only b) filtering by editors ratings and c) filtering by both ratings.

Best regards

Felix

Vienna

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.