How to choose a song in queue and play queue from here?

I can’t find any way to do this. Is there a shortcut?

Thanks
Phil Kemp

Hey Phil,

It’s simple, just left click (or tap) the song in the queue and options should show.

Cheers, Greg

1 Like

Thanks Greg . It should be noted that the song name must be tapped/clicked…

1 Like

Is there a way to “Play from here” in a Playlist without adding the whole playlist to the queue first?

Playlists are treated a little differently than albums.

If you click (or tap) a song in an album, you can play now, add to queue, add next and it will add the one song.

If you display your playlist and click (or tap) a song, you will have the same options as above, but it will add the song and all songs after your selection to the queue.

Long story short, the default behaviour of selecting a song in a playlist is “play from here”.

Hope that’s makes sense.

Cheers, Greg

1 Like

When I select a song in a playlist and click “Play”, only the selected song plays and no other songs are added to the queue. If I click “Play Playlist”, then it adds all the songs in the playlist to the queue and starts playing the first one.

Make sure you left click (or tap) the starting song. Don’t right click (or long press) which brings up Play at the top of the screen.

Cheers, Greg

Wow, thanks for the tip. I’m not sure what drives me more nuts… the fact that it doesn’t work this way everywhere else in Roon or the fact that it doesn’t work in a consistent fashion (regardless of implementation) throughout the UI :weary:

I believe there is a method to Roon’s madness with playlists.

If you have an album displayed, the thought is that you either want to play the whole album or a single song. Because of user requests, play from here was added by right clicking (long press) a song and clicking play from here at the top of the screen.

With playlists, the thought was you either played the playlist, or found a song as a starting point and clicked play, which plays from that point on. ie. play from here. It was thought that if you wanted to play a single song, you wouldn’t go into a playlist to find it. However, playing a single song was added as well by using the right click (or long press).

Anyway, it’s opposite and kind of confusing.

A while back, the Roon guys started a thread asking for ideas for playlists. So, they are looking at working on them in the future. You can check it out here:

Cheers, Greg