How to Fix/Report When "Prefer Roon" Metadata is Wrong?

Content you’re reporting an issue with

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

No

Is the album identified in Roon?

Yes

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

Local

Screenshot of import settings

Description of the issue

I recently purchased a show from nugs.netJack White Setlist at The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory, Irving, TX on 05-23-2022 – and after loading it into Roon I noticed that Roon is listing the name of track 1-03 as Fear of the Daw instead of the correct name, Fear of the Dawn. The FLAC file itself has the correct name as metadata so I looked to see if Roon was using its own metadata for the track name, and sure enough, it is:

Of course it’s easy enough to fix on my end by selecting Prefer file for either this one track or the whole album, but I’d like to know the best option to submit bad metadata back to Roon so they can fix this on their end. I’m actually amazed that this show in their metadata service (although I don’t know where they’re getting the info on their end so I’m guessing it’s coming from somewhere else).

Anyway…how can we submit incorrect metadata? The link to submit a request on this page is returning a 404.

Thanks!

See here: How to report metadata issues.

Thanks @BlackJack. This album is not in AllMusic so from reading that forum link it sounds like I’m good with just this support submission, correct?

Also would be great if the support info on roonlabs.com and this forum were in sync. :grinning:

It was an error on MusicBrainz. I’ve made an edit to fix it. It will take up to a week for the edit to be approved and then up to another week for the update to be pulled into your library.

1 Like

Thanks @joel!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.