HQ Player discussion thread

Hi Ricardo,

I’m not sure what’s happening there but suspect Windows 10 scaling is involved. There was a discussion about it in this thread which might assist.

Thank Andy. I have read it before, but even though I tried the suggested solutions there I am still not able of increasing the size of that HQP box in Windows 10. Although I have some size problems with Roon they are not as extreme as these ones. Regards, Ricardo

Hey Eric

I have been trying to find someone using the HA2 for advice. I am using mine until I get a Roonready DAC.

Can you ping me over the relative settings you’ve found work with HQ? I’d really appreciate it.

Thanks

JONNY

Ok, send a PM

Trying to figure out if I am connected. When I look at the HQ Evaluation program with the music playing there is no information which I would expect.

Hi slingshot,

If Roon is streaming to HQP then the active zone in the footer will show an HQP icon and the audio chain (purple, green, amber light next to currently playing track) will give details of the connection.

It is not doing this. It does show HQPlayer as networked under Audio. Trying to figure out the zone. There are three choices and ons states networked device which I clicked on but doesn’t work.

Now i am getting the message. Transport cannot connect toHQPlayer.

Have a read of this FAQ post and the HQ Player Kick Start Guide and see if anything there helps.

It’s a zone issue three different zones show up with one song in one zone and another song in the other two zones. It will not playback the networked zone although there is a small blue marker that is moving. Zones have confused me from Day 1. Don’ t see how to clear them.

Also per the instructions HQPlayer is supposed to show up under the zone. It does not and the screen shot of it is different then mine. It should not be this difficult. Although i couldn,t get any music to play from HQ directly.

I would suggest slowly working through the Kick Start Guide step by step until you can get sound from HQP without Roon. Once you have HQP setup so that you are getting sound out of it, then work through the FAQ which sets out how to add a new network zone in Roon for HQP.

I agree it is complicated; partly because HQP is complicated.

I do like the sound quality HQP brings and have set up up sampling to DSD128 on my Mac mini using ASDM7 and poly-sinc-shrt-mp-2s. This seems to work well and only uses about 30% of the i5. I have no problems setting an album to play and adding things to a playlist or letting Roon play onto its Radio setting but if I start ,jacking about with tracks, stopping them or skipping a few ahead it’s all over and nothing plays again until I restart HQP. Is. This simply due to the new partnership and things being in Beta or should I not be skipping tracks or jumping to other tracks?
I should point out I’m using a trail of both software titles.

Hi Jeremy,

There are disconnection issues when skipping tracks etc and a fix for some of them is being tested at the moment. Instead of restarting HQP you can break the connection using the “connection” icon in the Roon volume icon. That should get Roon and HQP back to an initial state where you can press Play again in Roon and get going without having to restart either of them.

1 Like

Apparently they are testing a fix for this now and hopefully all is good to go for the next update.

BTW I have the same MacMin (late 2012 i5) and am able to use the poly sinc without the 2s to DSD128 and works great, I did upgrade the ram to 16gb though… I’m having the same disconnect issue as you too.

You don’t need to restart HQP though, if you click on the volume icon you will get a popup, click on the disconnect link and it will reset the connect to HQP.

1 Like

Thanks both of you for the speedy reply. Pay day in 5 days, a day before my Roon trial runs out so I am buying a Lifetime licence.
I’ll try the reset connection method as it saves me getting up to the iMac and removing into the Mac mini to mess about. I’d love remote configuration of HQP too, through Roon would be super :wink:

1 Like

Finally got it to work. Quite frankly not hearing much of an improvement over the Roon output. As noted above open Roon first then HQPlayer. Will listen to more music later.

Have the same Mac Mini.Have you been monitoring cup temp ?

No I haven’t.

I do have a simple little app installed called CPU LED that keeps an eye on the CPU load but nothing monitoring the temp.