HQP Change in 911 Breaks Playback

Yes one single instance HQPlayer.Roon Works by itself.Can use HQPlayer with HQPlayer Client MConnect app.Can use with HQPW.HQPlayer just wont work with Roon ?

Which exact build variant of hqplayerd are you using?

And what are you running Roon on?

In my case, I have Roon Server running on Debian.

You don’t need to touch /config page to change filters. This is common mistake though.

I think what goes wrong is that maybe Roon doesn’t re-authenticate in case HQPlayer is restarted and Roon reconnects. If this is the case, you need to restart Roon in such cases.

HQPlayer Bootable IMage 4.30.2.Roon Rock on intel nuc

Running Roon and HQP on SonicOrbiter i9 with latest updated version of OS2.8.

HQP is 4.30.2

Try rebooting Roon Rock after HQPlayer is up and running. This should make Roon authenticate with HQPlayer from scratch.

I accidentally responded to Outlaw earlier instead of posting a new reply:

I am seeing the same issue…

Roon updated to latest version
HQPe v 40.30.2

Roon Core can access internet, rebooted just to be safe. HQPe on Audiolinux can access internet. Rebooted Audioliux system also.

HQPe web interface does not complain about lack of internet access etc. Seems to be fine. However, when I try to play music from Roon I get ‘Playback couldn’t start: Authentication Error’.

Please let me know if I can provide any other details.

Regards,

Zubair

My Roon Server is running on Mac OS Monterey 12.2.1
HQPe is on Audiolinux
NAA is on Win 11

I can play music from Roon without HQPe. I can also play music from HQPe using HQPlayer Client. Can’t play to HQPe via Roon.

Regards,

Zubair

NO that didn’t work

There are 9 different builds of HQPlayer Embedded 4.30.2. I’d like to know which one…

Can you advise how to change filters without using the config page? Would this be via the iOS HQPControl app?

From what I can tell, it is hqplayerd_4.30.2-124_amd64.deb. I used Audiolinux to install HQPe. Audiolinux is running on an Intel NUC.

Regards,

Zubair

Options are for example:

1. Front page of the web interface
  2. HQPlayer Client running on some computer (Windows, macOS, Linux)
  3. HQPDcontrol app running on some mobile device (Android, iOS)

Tried controlling with ipad .Get Make sure your using HQPLayer 4 or higher{ERROR :AUTH.So get different errors when tryng to control from ipad or windows laptop ? Makes no sense

Which of the two images are you using?

This just happened to me on my sonicTransporter i9 as well. In fact, this happened in 2 of the 3 times I updated HQPlayer recently. I ask Andrew at SGC about it and he had nothing to offer. No help…only suggested I contact Roon or Signalyst.

My solution, and the only one I tried that worked, is to use the sonicTransporter’s web interface to remove Roon and reinstall it. Then I restored the database from the most recent backup (I backup nightly).

But, now that it is working, as soon as I change a filter. I get that “AUTH” error again. Very frustrating!!!

4.30.2-x64amd

Thanks Jussi, I had never thought that the front page of the web interface could actually change the filters I thought it just reported their status.

Doing as you suggested and using the front page successfully allowed me to change filters without then hitting the Auth error.

I still feel it’s a bit fragile but at least it seems I have a way to proceed.

When you change settings through /config page, or Setting dialog on Desktop, it will trigger HQPlayer restart. But if you just want to change filters, it can be done from a control client when the engine is in stopped state.

That’s great. But this should not be happening!

Mmh, what?