HQP Change in 911 Breaks Playback

Making a change on the HQPlayer configuration page should not make Roon and HQPlayer stop working to the point that you need to reboot the sonicTransporter to make it work again.

Anything from Roon on this ???

Confirmed! If I make any change on HQPlayer Embedded’s “Configuration” web interface page, I have to reboot my sonicTransporter i9 to play music again. I tried using the SGC web interface to stop and restart the Roon Core but that did not work. I had to reboot!! This is crazy!!!

Before you say “Don’t make changes on the Configuration page.”, keep in mind that there are MANY settings you cannot change on the “Main” page…

I don’t call this “better integration”!

Same issue here with HQPe 4.30.2 in gentooplayer

Only way I found to reproduce this issue is to change HQPlayer configuration and it is broken until hqplayerd service is restarted.

Seems like a problem, right?

There is no way I can see to kill and restart the hqplayerd daemon on the sonicTransporter i9. Having to reboot is ridiculous!

And some people change configurations a lot…especially when doing comparisons.

Which setting do you need to frequently change that requires HQPlayer restart?

It’s a bug, but I didn’t even notice it, since I need to change such settings so rarely.

It really doesn’t matter what settings people change…this should not happen. Your last post is the first time I have seen you refer to it as a bug.

Sure it shouldn’t, I will fix it.

You can’t restart HQPlayer from the web interface?

When you change configuration of HQPlayer, it also triggers HQPlayer restart, but seems like less than perfect one in this case.

But most commonly changed things like upsampling settings don’t of course require such heavy lifting.

Maybe you can post something on the Audiophile Style forum. There is a lot of hysteria in that forum.

Not that I can find…

Was able to stop/restart and change modulator from webpage. Always used configuration page previously…

For quickest and most convenient way, you can use control application like HQPlayer Client (on a computer) or HQPDcontrol (on a mobile device) to make these changes.

1 Like

Fix is now out, HQPlayer Embedded 4.30.3… (including couple of other smaller fixes)

6 Likes

Yes it works for me. Thanks. Will update to the 4.30.3 later today.

Thanks

This is why I never said anything yesterday as I knew you would be on top of it, @jussi_laako your awesome, thanks for the super quick fix and thanks for making my system sound awesome :+1:

4 Likes

4.30.3 is working nicely.

2 Likes

Waiting on SonicTransporter for update…

are issues specific to ST?
i am still getting authorization isuue