HQPlayer Desktop thread

Finally got everything working. Convolution filters from oratory witch I sliced to two mono waws with REW.
6× Big Noctua fans and processor fans are Noctua to. Now pc is cool and fans are quiet.
It can run DSD512 but Im stayig at 256 not to put cpu to hard.

Näyttökuva 2023-01-15 113558

3 Likes

I want to try the trial version of HQPlayer. Just to clarify… I need "HQPlayer desktop " on my M1 MacBook. I tell roon the HQP IP (both on the same MacBook).

But I need to replace my Roopiee image on the Raspberry pi 4 with Roopiee XL to get NAA ?

But on my Cambridge Cxn V2 I can’t use HQP because it’s only roon ready but probably can’t do NAA? And NAA replaces Raat?

No need for IP. As soon as you enable HQP if both are on the same machine HQP appears as another end point in the list.

For Pi and CXN you have to wait for someone else reply :slight_smile:

I see CXN v2 has USB, you can use that if possible in you setup

1 Like

Yes

Right, it cannot do NAA

NAA is used by HQPlayer while RAAT is used by Roon

1 Like

The usb-b is to use the CXNv2 as a dac (digital input), the two usb-a connectors (front and back) are to connect hdd/iPod/usb key

That was the one I was speaking, google did not show me the face of CXNv2 :slight_smile:

Oh… When I changed play actions from Roon from Play from here to Play now. Thats what I see. Now Im staying at 512.

Näyttökuva 2023-01-15 145431

Edit. And much easier without x48.

Edit2.Now when I changed analysis speed from fast to throttled and play playlist evyrything is easy. Very happy.

1 Like

Yeah the Cxn V2 is a potato when it comes to DSD. :slight_smile:
But I could try it out with my bedroom Headphone setup.

The Cxn V2 is for my TV set-up anyway.

Bedroom has: SMSL SP400 + SMSL D300 (supports DSD512). And I have a raspberry pi 4 there.

Living room has a Singxer SA-1 that I could connect via USB from my MacBook to a external DAC (that I would have to purchase first).

Would the MacBook work or so I need another Raspberry pi?

It works,you can use your MacBook/HQPlayer directly connected to the dac with usb cable

1 Like

But What CPU?

Read edits. i7-12700F and now Im easily doing 512.

1 Like

Or you can just use the NAA OS image, unless you need something more than a NAA on that device.

Does my split convolution filters look right Sennheiser HD660s @jussi_laako ?

Looks correct, but you have quite a lot of gain there instead of having normalized response, so you will need to compensate for that to avoid limiting.

How/where are these correction produced? Typically Oratory provides parametric EQ settings, you get lower processing load by using these directly instead of conversion to convolution filter.

1 Like

I used Oratory’s waw stereo file, which I split into two impulse response mono files using the REW program. Then I fed the files to the convolution side of HQPlayer, which showed an IR gain of 24.61, so I set the maximum volume to -25dB.

The DAC is an iFi Neo iDSD and I use a 4.4mm balanced output.

Would it have been a better option to use a text file?

And thank you very much for your reply and help.

Everything definitely sounds good, but when I looked at the plot picture, my finger went to my mouth.

I have to admit I cannot find such WAVs on his page:
https://www.reddit.com/r/oratory1990/wiki/index/list_of_presets/

The approach I’ve been using is to enter the settings from PDF to REW (Generic EQ) and then save the values from REW as .txt file for importing to HQPlayer. A bit more work than using the parametric EQ .txt files from AutoEq, but slightly different (at least in some cases).

It depends on how those convolution WAVs came to be. If it’s just a conversion from the parametric EQ then it is much better to just stick to the parametric EQ values (txt file) which are sampling rate agnostic etc.

1 Like

This one.

. AutoEq/Sennheiser HD 660 S minimum phase 44100Hz.wav at master · jaakkopasanen/AutoEq · GitHub

Edit. +.to text

For these, the best option is to download the “Parametric EQ” txt file and use it instead.

Or you can use the original Oratory’s EQ values from the PDF and create your own txt file using REW.

2 Likes

Ok. Thank you very much for help.

Don’t want to be a pain…
Do you have some example on how the Plot should look? Or an insight besides paying attention to the gain. The one in the help files looks so clean.

Here are mine:

Thanks