HQPlayer Desktop thread

Your plot looks like bass response correction. Looks correct. This originates from REW or similar?

The second one has couple of pretty steep corrections. I personally prefer a bit gentler approach. If you use REW, the amount of smoothing you apply affects how aggressive the corrections will be. I usually use something like 1/9th octave smoothing.

REW, yes the subs do shake the room on some frequencies so my neighbours love REW. Every now and then I play some electronic.
Iā€™ll look at the second ones. Thanks very much

@jussi_laako I didnā€™t see any post about HQPlayer client.
I use Roon and also HQPlayer client to listen to Qobuz playlists or albums. With Roon, I got into the handy habit of playing with the volume simply with CTRL+ up or CTRL+down.
With HQPlayer Client, it is possible with the mouse (very sensitive) or by clicking to have a scale of adjustment but not simply with a focus on the window and a keyboard shortcut (windows version).
Or I missed something ! :wink:

1 Like

Volume can be controlled with mouse wheel (adjust the mouse wheel sensitivity to adjust speed), or by pressing left button down and dragging up or down (flick action on touch screens). Similar way as flicking the screens left/right switch the views.

Current keyboard shortcuts in Clientā€¦

Playback controls:
Play: Media Play, Media Play/Pause, F8, Space
Pause: Space
Stop: Media Stop, F6
Previous: Media Previous, F7, Left
Next: Media Next, F9, Right
Rewind: Audio Rewind
Forward: Audio Forward
Random: Audio Random Play
Repeat: Audio Repeat
Volume Down: F11, Down
Volume Up: F12, Up

Views:
Album view: F1, 1
Play view: F2, 2
Transport view: F3, 3

2 Likes

Thanks for the information.
I will continueā€¦ :wink:
About Qobuz, I donā€™t know the possibilities of the api but now Qobuz applications and in its webplayer, the stream passes in ā€œradioā€ mode after the reading of an album or a playlist.
It is not possible to have this possibility via HQPlayer client ?

Lot of things are possible, but not implemented yet. I will keep adding new features over time.

3 Likes

I can be patient :wink:

1 Like

Iā€™ve recently connected my Qobuz on HQplayer client. Works great. Just one question will it affect using it having also roon connected or I need to sign off on HQplayer client?

My question arises because while listening on Qobuz on roon today Iā€™ve been experiencing sometimes some ā€œlost of audio deviceā€ while running on Radio mode?

Edit :writing_hand: it happens in some 192khz files. Iā€™ve increased the buffer time but is not working all the time. Seems poly-sinc-ext3 to be high demanding filter.

You donā€™t need to sign out. But it is good idea to use only one Qobuz client at a time, so that Qobuz servers donā€™t get upset or confused. Note that Client is talking to Qobuz only when Qobuz is selected as the library. So it is easy to control from Client side. Just switch away from Qobuz library in Client when you want to use Roon to access Qobuz.

1 Like

The dropping seems to be a Roon issue, because itā€™s not happening while listening to local library. Will experiment now using HQplayer client playing Qobuz directly. Many thanks.

Edit:
All fixed after changing from cable to fiber internet service and also updated my DNS to google.

With the new 21.0 version hqp client under Fedora 37 I get this error.
How could I revert to the previous version? Canā€™t find downloads for the older versions.

QSocketNotifier: Can only be used with threads started with QThread
QQmlApplicationEngine failed to load component
qrc:/files/qml/MainScreen.qml:241:9: Type TransportView unavailable
qrc:/files/qml/TransportView.qml: Library import requires a version

I donā€™t think previous version helps for thisā€¦

Iā€™m looking into this issue. Seems like the current Qt builds for Fedora are all broken one way or the other.

Anyone know what might cause little occasional pop/click like sounds in the audio when using HQPlayer?

Sounds like dust particles on vinyl? Usually lost USB packets.

RPi3 as a NAA is known for such and thatā€™s why it is not recommended as a NAA. That happens because itā€™s ethernet is on the same USB bus as the USB connector for connecting the DAC. And the USB controller occasionally gets overwhelmed and loses a packet.

1 Like

I have now resolved this issue on the 4.21.0 release. Please redownload and reinstall. Then please first delete ā€œ~/.cache/Signalystā€ directory before restarting.

1 Like

Yes, exactly. This is playing on an M1 Mac Roon - HQPlayer directly to the DAC (Chord TT2)

Chord USB interface can be quite tricky. My suggestion (not knowing your exact current settings) is to try running at fixed 705.6k output rate. Chord DACs anyway have just one clock inside and both rate families play out at same converter rate. If the problem persist, please try with another USB cable, short USB HiSpeed certified cable should be fine.

It can also be caused by possible ground currents between devices, so you can also try with TT2 only connected to your Mac and with headphones plugged in. No other connections.

Thanks. I will try that. I have a shorter USB cable on order. Currently Iā€™m using a 2M one.

Yes, it works. Thanks.