I Can't Take It Anymore!

I thought it was a baseball cap :joy:

You might think that, but I couldn’t possibly comment…

Have to disagree. The recent shows are filled with young people. My son is 25 and he saw them in 2019 with a bunch of friends and they were all blown away, calling it the best concert they had ever seen. They wanted to borrow all my vinyl!!

He wants whats in the Sticky Fingers cover? Posted above? LoL

I’ve seen both the RS and Bruce with youngsters and they were equally impressive to the youth.
The stones are more deeply embedded in the UK due to home grown exposure and sheer longevity.

I was a huge Bruce fan for a long time. Saw him in 75 for 5 bucks and get your money back at intermission if you didn’t like the show. After about Tunnel of Love he lost me. Especially with the fake southern drawl. Bruce was all about being real. A Jersey boy with a southern drawl is not real. But mostly he seems to have just started buying his legend. I tried reading his book and watching his broadway special but his ego and fake accent just made me quit both. His self importance puts Bono to shame. Sad.

1 Like

It’s a baseball cap, for some reason.

I bought this in 1964, when they were ‘England’s Newest Hit Makers’ -

All my friends were into the Beatles, but I instinctively knew the Stones were cooler.

My 13-year old self strutted around the house singing ‘I’m a King Bee’. :smirk:

[Sigh]

1 Like

I liked the Stones from the onset. And in 1964, they were not writing “silly little love songs.” I did not “get into” the Beatles until, perhaps, Revolver or Rubber Soul. The Beatles were not rockers. The Stones were. The opening riff of Paint it Black is a great albeit not complex use of hammer-ons etc. Hard to be very hard on Springsteen since Dylan also invented himself. I saw the former in concert in ~1977 at which time he broke a string. His tech handed him a tuned guitar so he could continue. He could have been gracious but he had to use the opportunity to remind everyone that his tech was not a signer. He presented himself as a street person…but was not.

Hmm, I don’t believe they were writing anything in ‘64.

At least, this first album was mostly blues covers, but I take your point.

“Coming of age” in the '60’s, I was never a Stones fan. That is, until Roon. Now, I can listen to all of their music and have a renewed appreciation.

On the other hand, I would not want to see them live now. I think all old rockers should be forced into retirement by age 40 or 50 at the latest.

80 year old rockers are embarrassing themselves, IMHO. Nothing last forever. Find new purpose in life.

Qi start at 20:10

1 Like

His singing style DOES sound like he’s being fisted. I think you are on to something here.

1 Like

Again, it’s a freakin’ baseball cap. :laughing:

Sorry, I meant that the Beatles in 1964 were writing silly little love songs. The Stones in 1964 were doing blues covers as that was who they were. I believe the song Paint It Black was 1964 as best I can recall. They have really had quite a history.

1 Like

Nothing silly about them at all IN 1964. They weren’t writing and performing for 50 or 60 year old men at the time. You had to be 16 and live through it to get it.

1 Like

The phrase “silly little love songs” was a comment used by Lennon to criticize McCartney. In turn, McCartney via Wings wrote/performed a song “Silly Little Love Songs” as a response.

“You’d think that people would have had enough of silly love songs
I look around me and I see it isn’t so
Some people want to fill the world with silly love songs
And what’s wrong with that
I’d like to know
'Cause here I go again”

1 Like

Yes, I’m familiar with it.

RoonShareImage-637342173172138967

I think SATISFACTION in 1965 made a lot of guys turn Stones fans and left the Beatles to the teenybop girls. We related to “ I can’t get no girl reaction” way more than “ yesterday all my troubles seemed so far away” grandmamas liked The Fabs but parents were literally scared of the Stones.

Both great bands and methinks it’s chalk and cheese to compare them, I think the teenyboppers and grannies abandoned the Beatles after Tomorrow Never Knows, bigger than jesus remarks and LSD song, though I have this massive debate with my brother (I mean it gets so loud the entire restaurant hears it haha) that it was Paul that kept on turning the Beatles back to AOR with Hey Jude and Ob La Di! :slight_smile: