I just switched to a Eero 6E Mesh router and Roon can no longer find audio devices

Here it is:

@Tom_DeLayo
Tom, I run Roon with ROCK on a NUC using the Eero and everything works like a charm. I can play everything in high quality. And this all over the Eero wifi.
Just try it!

Which Eero?
The problem only seems to be with the latest E6.

I have an Eero 6 mesh (without the E).
But I donā€™t understand why Tom does not try out the wireless option. As a test to pinpoint the cause. Just unplug to ethernet cableā€¦

Hi @Tom_DeLayo ,

Connor is out of the office for a few days, so I wanted to look over your case in the meantime.

Iā€™ve activated diagnostics mode on the Nucleus and I do believe I see the issue, it appears that your M.2 Nucleus Operating System SSD is experiencing hardware failure and it needs to be replaced.

This SSD can replacement can either be done through your Roon dealer or directly through us if you prefer. I have followed up via private message to discuss the options and gather purchase details from you, thanks!

2 Likes

Ok cool. Iā€™m thinking that this may have been a problem since day 1 and thatā€™s why all my backups were corrupt last year when Roon crashed after an update and I lost everything

Hopefully once this is fixed, we can then get it to work with the new router cause there seems to be some thought on the forum that it Roon doesnā€™t work with this router

Very strange that when I brought home the new router, Roon was playing on my old router and it then decided to break while I was installing the new router.what are the odds of that?

Thanks to everyone for the help. Looks like the Nucleus needs a repair. Once it comes back, I hope to return here to tell how great it works with the new router. If not Iā€™ll be back for more advice

3 Likes

Iā€™ll be dropping it at my dealer tomorrow morning . I believe they have contacted you also.

Thanks
Tom

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.