I just switched to a Eero 6E Mesh router and Roon can no longer find audio devices

Hi @Tom_DeLayo,

Thank you for your patience, and I’m sorry that you were without audio endpoints over the weekend.

Assuming there is no network security/new firewall in place with the router swap, then the first step would be to refresh your RAATServer to erase any cached and stored data. Please be aware that this will reset your Roon Settings → Audio Tab to factory settings and I would advise making a backup of any custom DSP settings you have:

• Create a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Stop RoonServer from running in Nucleus’s WebUI
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RAATServer”
  • Rename the “RAATServer” folder to “RAATServer_old”
  • Restart the RoonServer in the WebUI to generate a new RAATServer

I then recommend reinstalling Roon on any remotes you’ve been using to access audio devices and restarting RoonServer from the Nucleus web admin.

If that’s not successful in restoring connectivity, verify that your endpoints are on the same frequency in the mesh system (I believe that particular Eero router setup is dual-band). A quick glance at diagnostics shows these devices shouldn’t be on a separate subnet, but I’d verify that, too.

The tech support team will keep an eye out for your response.

1 Like

I hesitate to add this to the discussion, but I had much the same experience. I ended up selling my Nucleus after repeated failures using the Eero mesh system.

I ended up with a used Mac mini which operates very well with the new hardware, but I could never get the Nucleus to respond correctly. Sorry to report.

Thanks.

Here’s my problem. Last year something happened to Roon after an update and I lost everything. No problem, I’ll just use my back up. Went to where my backups were and found them all to be empty. Roon support could never figure out why, so now I have no backups. Tried this morning to make one in the cloud and another in Dropbox. This time they weren’t empty, they just outright failed

I too was hesitant to post this … when I was searching for ‘eero 6e lan ipv6’ I came across this thread among similar ones:

https://www.reddit.com/r/eero/comments/wdehb2/new_set_of_eero_pro_6es_nagging_problems/

any chance you tried what Roon support has just recommended?

My problem was with the earlier eero 5 system. It works fine with 15 or so appliances in my house, but even running a cat 6 wire from the puck to my Nucleus failed. I used a wireless LAN of Apple Airport devices successfully, but it eventually failed, leading to my current eero to Mac mini system.

Ok. Thanks. I’m gonna still be hopeful for now. Gonna try what support said and hope for best. I have everything wired that can be and this Eero has been giving me speeds above what I’m supposed to get so hopefully I can get it working with Roon

1 Like

How is the Eero connected to the internet i.e do you have a modem/router supplied by your ISP?

If so is it in modem or bridged mode?

Eero normally has a default IP subnet of 192.168.0.x (unless you change it in the app) If the ISP router/modem is providing DHCP you will have to change the Eero from auto to bridged mode and make sure that IGMP snooping is enabled on the ISP router/modem.

Ok. I had the installer where I bought my Bel Canto help me over the phone for the past 2 hours. We couldn’t get any back ups to work in any way so I just said screw it and tried changing the RAAT server as above.

It didn’t change anything . Still no audio devices in Roon and now i will have lost all my playlists and data on top of it.

Downloaded an app from BelCanto which would let me at least listen to tidal, but the app said that I need to connect the Bel Canto to the network. It is already connected to the network according to the Eero app

I have my own Netgear modem and the Eero is connected to it as the router. We tried bridged mode yesterday. Don’t remember what happened but it didn’t work. not sure if we enabled IGMP

Did you try temporarily turning off the firewall and see if the audio appears? It might be the permissions on that PC are from the original setup.

@Tom_DeLayo, can you see your mobile devices on the eero network? It seems odd that the Bel Canto app couldn’t find the E1X unless something odd is happening with your WiFi that may be related to the other issues you have.

Yes. i can see all devices on the network. They just can’t see each other.

The bel canto app cant see the E1x on the network even though it shows up on the Eero app with an IP address.

Roon, can’t see the E1x, Sonos move or Anthem Processor even though they all show up on the Eero app with ip addresses

I put my old Wd Nas back on the network to try and send a Roon backup to it and that can’t work either. I’m totally lost

There were several cases of Eero problems here that were solved only by turning Eero into bridge mode. However, that requires you to have another primary router (such as Netgear Nighthawk you mentioned). If your current Netgear is truly a modem instead of a modem+router (with DHCP server), then turning Eero into bridge mode won’t work because you don’t have a router in the network.

If you still have the Netgear Nighthawk, you may leave it in place for routing functionality (disable its WiFi if necessary), use Eero for WiFi only in bridge mode.

Unfortunately, I traded it in at Best Buy for 15% off on this Eero.

So the only solution that anyone has found to make Eero work with Roon is to use my $500 Eero for only Wi-Fi and pick out some other $500 or more router to get my new Eero router to work? Omg

We researched reviews for routers and came up with the Eero. I spoke with a Network installer installing some 10k network at a 7 million dollar house where I was working and asked him what the best thing for regular people who can’t afford 10k and he said the Eero.

So our research showed the same as this installer said. I figured I can’t go wrong and now here I am after setting up everything in my house to work with Eero and it all does work great. My network speeds are more than what I pay for rather than half of what they were with my old router but I now have no music and I just lost 2 years worth of Roon info. This is a total nightmare

Can anyone suggest the fastest router that I can get to work with this new Eero and work with Roon then if this is my only hope?

And if I do this , when the setup isn’t working with the bridging, which support do I call, Eero or the new router?

Does the new router need to be a modem/router combo or just a router?

If I did this, my Sonos would still be lost as it still wouldn’t show up in Roon where all my music is stored in the Nucleus and my new playlists will be after I spend the next month trying to recreate them. Am I correct?

If you do what?

Tom,
Your current Netgear modem, is it a real ISP modem only, or does it have routing functions, NAT and DHCP?
If so, you could use it for routing, set the Eero in bridge mode for wifi only and hopefully Eero will come up with a fix soon.
I’ve sent you a link yesterday, unfortunately this seems to be a known issue for last generation E6 only.
You have my sympathy and I completely understand your feelings.

Thanks. Unfortunately, my modem is only a modem. So it was suggested that I buy another router and do the bridging thing. Omg!

It would seem, if the older Eero can work with Roon, that there will be a fix for the new one I hope

So, I was saying if I add another new router and do the bridge thing, i might make Roon work again as it would be wired to the second new router, but that still eves Sonos not showing up in Roon as it is wireless

Then this also leaves me picking another new router which I clearly have bad luck doing. Besides paying double

My old netgear had some Wi-Fi dead spots and even wired was mostly only giving half the speed I was paying for. Couldn’t find any settings that would fix it so figured it was time for a new one and that led my to this Eero nightmare

Bad news is, Eero may not come up with a fix, as they told me it’s Roons fault . Talked with 4 different people on Eero support. 1 was useless, 1 got disconnected on my phone, 1 after talking with his boss said it’s Roons fault. The last guy tried really hard bu eventually told me to return the Eero and get a different router. I think he suggested a Tplink instead

Oh man! This is such bad luck.

I think that would be a good solution.

So far, I personally have had good experiences with Asus routers. But who knows, that’s just me.

There was a thread somewhere for router recommendations, going to look for it.