I’m unclear why my post was moved from the original thread

I’m unclear why this (see below) post was moved from the original thread. A thread that was my own thread.

The pros and cons of streaming certainly is directly related to whether or not a $19.99 per month price is justified.

4 Likes

It was a team decision by the moderators, and as a consequence, the post was moved to a new thread since it isn’t exclusively about TIDAL.

If you have questions for the moderator please flag the post in future.

2 Likes

I think that suggesting that the mods are devolving into savagery is a little over the top. :laughing:

1 Like

Not literal savagery. But within the context of a forum, a clique of moderators banning together to snuff out anything that questions their decisions, within that narrow focus, is a type of forum savagery relative only to forum management.

They are essentially saying that they as moderators have unquestionable power and that we the paying customers must simply conform to their will.

That’s a peculiar way to run a business.

We seem free to question every aspect of Roon, as demonstrated throughout this forum. But questioning the moderators is not allowed. They will delete any dissent.

4 Likes

And you conclude that all from… What?
[Moderated] There are more important issues in the world compared to an innocent moderation you disagree with.

3 Likes

@Andy_L I conclude that because any post I do that questions moderator activity is soon to be deleted by the moderators.

Widespread and persistent excessive moderation, something that numerous PM’s from others agree with, is a legit issue. At least to us. It need not be significant to you.

4 Likes

[Moderated] Splitting a post into a new thread is nothing to get wound up about. Certainly not on a subject about audio. Get some perspective.
Conspiracy theories about moderation in an audio forum. Really? [Moderated]

6 Likes

Oh come on. If someone wants to debate that video, they will. Moving a post has never prevented anyone. Maybe it’s not such a burner

1 Like

Come on DancingSea, by adding the movie, you changed the discussion about TIDAL into a discussion about all streaming services, I agree with the moderators that that deserves its own thread. (By the way, I use my real name when I make a statement)

If you have concerns about Moderation, there is a sticky at the top of this Section setting out what to do:

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/ive-been-moderated-what-can-i-do-about-it/22766/13

Splitting a post into another thread where a new conversation has started doesn’t usually evoke comparisons with Lord of the Flies. When Mods split a discussion to a new thread it is either because someone has flagged a post as Off-topic or we think a post has started a separate discussion deserving of its own thread.

Comments and discussion about Moderation are usually off-topic in a thread that has been Moderated. You can open a new thread in this Roon Community section to discuss it or PM the Mods directly.

2 Likes

There once was a Tidal thread
Oh, but they fill me with dread
Along comes a streaming post
But very soon it was toast
I probably should have stayed in bed.

.sjb

8 Likes

I’m reminded that Vogon poetry is only the third worst in the Universe …

8 Likes
3 Likes

Topaz ?
You learn something every day.

1 Like

Yes I didn’t know that either.
I’m not telling my son, could be their next babies name :man_facepalming:

5 Likes

Nice job! Can you please give us one as a haiku now? :rofl:

Hilarious and sad, all at once. From the Wikipedia article -

Sounds like something from Blackadder!

.sjb