I noticed that lifetime price Increased!

Hi Danny @ Roonlabs, correct me if I’m wrong, but am I understanding your proposal correctly? In case a potential Roon-customer today is already / still in his 14-days trial-period, all you have to do to get the Roon Life-time license for the initial price of 499,-, is to purchase the life-time license via your account, be initially charged on your credit card for 699,-, but you’re entitled to get a refund of 200,- from RoonLabs, by sending RoonLabs an e-mail, referring to the ongoing trial-period for this customer-account. Am I correct? Thanks for your swift reply … regards

It is only common in industries where the customers are signed up to an annual or longer contract (phones, ISp, media etc). Here in the UK, by law, you have the right to terminate a fixed term contract if they put the price up and can then leave without getting charged a leaving penalty. What usually happens is you call to leave/complain and they give you a deal at your current price for more services. At the same time, tieing you into another 2 year contract. Sneaky! None of this applies to what Roon have done, as it is a one-off payment.

1 Like

my point was a generic one giving an example of advance notices given for price increases… i could have used the example of my landscaper who has already advised of 2020 pricing.

Has your landscaper announced his changes for his lifetime plan, where he does landscaping for you forever at a price equivalent to four years of payments?

9 Likes

Thank You to AQ Jitterbug bring me to ROON for trial 4 years ago then directly to Lifetime for $449 and no regrets !

i will continue as an annual subscriber. so, you have accomplished your goal in my case.

however, i will just add that when i signed up there was an option given by roon to convert my annul sub into a lifetime sub for the price of $499 with the unused portion of the annual sub applied to the price at the time of conversion. this option was a consideration in subscribing to roon and in initially choosing the annual sub.

this option has now been canceled and replaced with one having a $699 price – without notice

sure, you can do this… it is just not the way i would have effected a price increase.

again, just a generic example intended to bring attention to the business practices of other companies.

He’s pointing out to you that your example is not equivalent to what happened with the Roon Lifetime subscription.

1 Like

I am not a fan of the increase, but I do not understand why this thread is full of people complaining that they missed the chance, @danny stated that all who write to him now, will get lifetime for the old price. So really no problem at the moment. Future customers will see the pricetag and decide, if they want it or not. So really no harm done (atleast to the folks who read the forum).

I went straight to life after my trial - since I decided if I put all the work into grooming my library in Roon - it is a life decision - so I paid the onetime fee and hope Roon survives as long as I do. :wink:
I would not want to pay an annual fee to listen to my own music, it is a pschological barrier for me.

I do understand that annual plans are better for the future of the Roonies - a constant flow of income. I am simply not the greatest fan of subs - have too many already…

So to those who are up for life now, calm down get the offer for 499 and future Roon customers will not even know that this price ever existed. In the very beginnig of Roon, life was even cheaper - but I was too late for that, or better yet did not really have too much interest in Roon when it started years ago.

4 Likes

this has been mentioned twice and is not correct according to this post.

This is false. See above. I will make a new post explaining this more clearly and the rationale why.

Would you be so kind and extend this offer for those too who’s yearly subscription near the end, please?

Ours will end in weeks now and we definitely planned to go Lifetime.

Thank you for considering!

2 Likes

Then my interpretation of what you wrote during the thread was too generous :wink:

I am sure a clear statement pinned in the forum would help - not everyone reads the complete thread.

My first year’s subscription is up in January. I think Roon is worth the new and old price. I regret not making the jump to lifetime within that first year, but I am more sad about that and not upset with Roon. I COMPLETELY understand why they want a subscription-based model, and thanks, Danny, for stating exactly why more than once in this thread.

I may still bite on lifetime. Like many others here, I have too many subscriptions, and not having to worry about a Roon one may just suit me. I just wish it hadn’t come during the holiday period when my cash is already spoken for.

Thanks for all the hard work you all put into this product. Keep it up!

3 Likes

Have I missed something, if I write to @Danny I can get life for 499 still?

If you didn’t want to spend $499, why would $699 matter?

3 Likes

Only if you are part way through the 14 day trial.

Edit, as James says below it’s 30 days: Lifetime price Increased! $499 -> $699

It’s a 30 day look-back.

hi I got an introduction from Sam Audio and used it. But suddenly, the news of the hike brought great confusion within the Korean community.

But Netflix does not offer an alternative lifetime subscription.