IEM - ? - iPhone or computer - Roon

Or, USB A to USB C along with the Apple Camera Adapter. That’s with Mojo 2.

1 Like

Jim,

Have you ever managed to connect your iPhone to the Mojo 2 without the CCK? I remember you tried one or two cables when you got the Mojo.

No, I could never get it to work without camera adapter. That was with iPhone 11 Pro Max. I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max now, but not really interested in trying it again.

Apple and their politics… annoying!

I tried my Mojo 1 with a short micro USB to USB A cable only and it works flawlessly with several iPhones apart from the 13 models. All on the same firmware.

It doesn’t really matter for me. I only use it when I want a battery connection to keep the iPhone charged. When “out and about,” is use Cobalt or bluetooth to Sony WH-1000XM3.

And that’s all that matters :+1:

1 Like

There is a BIG price difference between the 2 vendors:

https://www.amazon.de/tragbar-Verstärker-ausgewogene-Kopfhörer-ES9038Q2M/dp/B09MJ6DH1F/ref=asc_df_B09MJ6DH1F/?tag=googshopde-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=579785985761&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9519394023347563772&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9043494&hvtargid=pla-1605075277813&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

and 285€ for the Audioquest DragonFly Cobalt

I have one of these…

It’s supposed to work, but is unreliable with an old iPhone SE, and my Xs. Camera adapter always works, but is a little bulky, and needs another cable.

Edit: I checked, it’s made by Meenova. I don’t recommend their cables.

Go for the FiiO, I doubt you will regret it. They also make a smaller version which get you MQA if that’s your cup of tea :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yup, Meenova. That’s the one I have but does unfortunately not work with the iPhone 13 Pro or Max.

Works flawlessly with older iPhones. Tested on the 12 series, X and my latest version of the SE.

What iPhone are you using it with? edit just read which ones you have :slight_smile:

Oh - it comes with Lightning :slight_smile:

The smaller one with MQA, yes. They offer it with lightning or USB C.

If you want removable connector cable, go for the bigger model, the KA3.

1 Like

I think that is good idea :slight_smile: As the do have USB-C to lightning I don’t need Apple Camera Adapter. And with a USB-C to USB-C I can use it on my computer as well :slight_smile:

Just make sure the place you buy it from has a headache free return policy in case it does not work with your iPhone.

As you know, iPhones can be temperamental when connecting a device to them without their own adapter.

2 Likes

For the 64 Audio U6t, you don’t need a lot of power, but a headphone output with a lower impedance.
I’m owning as mobile dacs/amps an Oppo HA-2
SE, a Fiio BRT5, BTR3 and a ifi Gryphon.
The Gryphon has a special setting for IEMs and with this setting I can also use my (very sensitive) Campfire Audio Solaris 2020 without any hiss (really black silence).
With the Fiios and the Oppo I can always hear background hiss.
Also the ifi products seems to play fine with Apple products and you can load different firmwares (with/without special MQA support).

A good review. Noise floor go to 14:23

@Torben_Rick I have the Dragonfly Cobalt which I use with iPhone and iPad along with the Camera Adapter. It is ok but for the price it is a bit disappointing that it will only do 96/24 on Flac so if using with higher res from Qobuz then the 192/24 will be downsampled. It will do MQA to 352.8.
I had the IFI Gryphon and it does have good reviews but in my case it worked well occasionally but it was a brick for most of the time and was returned under warranty.
I have also tried briefly the earmen sparrow which seemed very good but if was getting a new one I would probably go for the earmen colibri which is a bit more expensive but will have to wait as I purchased Kinera Nanna IEMs and Raptgo Hook Hybrid IEMs instead to also use with my Matrix Mini-I Pro 3 that will do up to DSD512 on USB (but only DSD256 on iMac USB).
Enjoy whatever you decide to get.

2 Likes

THX :slight_smile: Yes my brain hurts :slight_smile: Not easy - If I spend 1.399,00 € on 64 Audio U6t I want to make sure that the rest of the “devices” have good (great) SQ.

1 Like

@Torben_Rick

Would you prefer a battery powered portable DAC or non battery powered?

Hast du dich entschieden? There, my German skills :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Fergus,

I forgot to mention the 24/96 limitation of the Cobalt. Thanks for pointing that out to Torben.

2 Likes