IEM - ? - iPhone or computer - Roon

Noch nicht :slight_smile: (not yet) - Next time you are welcome to it Danish (Dane living in Germany) :slight_smile:

Both would be ok :slight_smile:

The Chord Mojo 2 is a great “semi-portable” DAC. It doesn’t do MQA if that’s important for you, but sounds great even with just Roon’s MQA decoding.

1 Like

Get yourself a Mojo 2 or pre-loved Mojo 1 which sells for less than half the price of a Mojo 2.

You’ll be a very happy Dane :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I recently moved from a Pixel 4XL to an iPhone 13 Mini, really like MagSafe, and am now looking at a replacement to my Audioquest Cobalt as I find it’s dongleness to be more hassle than it’s worth now.

I’m split between the Khadas Tea and Chord Mojo 2 (with a metal ring stuck the the back to attach it with MagSafe magnets). I’d have gone for the Mojo 2 if I’d not read about issues connecting unless using the CCK. I have already bought the Fiio usb c to lightning cable anyway so may end up trying it and sending the Mojo 2 back if it doesn’t work.

iFi Go Bar might be another option to look at, specs look good and early reviews seem positive.

1 Like

This one:

https://fiio-shop.de/kabel/digitale-audio-kabel/1147/fiio-lt-lt1

It would be super if you could let us know if this works with Mojo 2. That would mean one cable less :slight_smile:

I think you want the LT-LT3 mentioned earlier as its a newer model

2 Likes

I use an iFi xCAN with my CIEM JH Audio Roxannes and 64 audio a12s, works very well Bluetooth to my phone.

1 Like

Torben,

I just ordered the FiiO KA1 (lightning version). Will let you know what I think of it when I get it. Should be with me in 2-3 business days :slight_smile:

Interesting - You are using BT to connect to JH Audio Roxanne and 64 Audio A12S. Have you compared this with a cable from the iFi xCAN to your phone (not using BT)? What was your verdict?

I did get this information from FiiO:

Für den FiiO KA3 und ihr iPhone 11 benötigen sie das FiiO LT-LT1 (Lightning auf USB-Type C OTG Datenkabel) und das FiiO LT-TC3 (USB-C auf USB-C OTG Datenkabel)

(For the FiiO KA3 and your iPhone 11 you need the FiiO LT-LT1 (Lightning to USB-Type C OTG data cable) and the FiiO LT-TC3 (USB-C to USB-C OTG data cable))

May bee the LT-LT3 would work as well with an iPhone 11. I can ask them :slight_smile:

Great :slight_smile: THX RBO :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s been a very long time since I did that comparison, but from what I can recall sound is not appreciably degraded. However, my main use cases are in a loud background environments (Hockey games as photographer, on a plane, on a train) it does make a lot of difference. I also use the Sony WH1000xm4 in these environments. I will try to do that comparison again and see what I hear and let you know.

For reference: My main headphone listening rigs at home are Stax SR009 and Dan Clark VOCE from HeadAmp BHSE, and HD800 from Cavalli Liquid Gold. also Dan Clark Aeon 2 from Schiit Hel on my main computer.

1 Like

Great = Thanks :+1:

Fiio has conformed that LT-LT3 should work with iPhone 11.

Torben,

FiiO KA1 arrived earlier today.

Honestly, while testing it against the Cobalt with my FiiO FA7 IEMs I can’t tell them apart.

Best £49 spent in a while :slight_smile: Cobalt will be listed on eBay shortly :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Great news :slight_smile: THX RBO :slight_smile:

PS: What are you using as IEM?
PS: I will probably go for 64 Audio U6t

1 Like

You’re welcome.

1 Like

FiiO FA7 which I love!

I also have a pair of Meze Rai Solo which I am selling due to being too bright and lacking low end.

1 Like

Do you think that will work with my iPhone 13 Pro Max and Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones?

Hey Jim,

Don’t see why not. Works with my 13 Pro perfectly. Am finally free from adapters :slight_smile:

Those Sony’s are BT right? The KA1 does not have BT.

That said, FiiO have a DAC dongle which does BT and I have yet to see a bad review. Can’t tell you how it works with an iPhone though.

A new model:

and an older one:

1 Like