IEM - ? - iPhone or computer - Roon

Sony WH-1000XM3 is bluetooth and wired. I think I might order the KA1 and give it a try.

1 Like

Oh ok. Should have Googled before replying to you :slight_smile:

Jim, I doubt you will regret the KA1. Curious what you think of it.

1 Like

It will arrive Sunday. Thanks.

1 Like

Will they work (BTR5 and BTR7) with BT headphones? The simple answer is no, this is because it would render the function of the DAC useless. The device convers digital information to analogue and sending it to wireless headphones would mean it would have to convert it to digital again. If the headphones are wired with (BTR5 and BTR7) then BT can be used - from (BTR5 and BTR7 to Iphones or other devices.

The BTR series will work with BT. That’s what the BT in BTR stands for :slight_smile: But they’re not just BT dongles.

Check their specs for more info on the codecs they use. I believe it’s LDAC.

Yes :slight_smile: But not from BTR5 or BTR7 to BT headphone. Only if the headphone is wired to BTR5 or BTR7 - than they work with BT. But that is confident :slight_smile:

I am not sure I follow? Are you saying that the only way to use BT headphones with the BTRs is by having them wired to the BTRs?

This would make no sense really. What would be the point of them being BT enabled then?

But hey… I may have not their fine print :slight_smile:

As far as I know, there are two ways to use the BTRs:

1. Connected to BT headphones via BT.
  2. Wired balanced or unbalanced headphone connections.

NO :slight_smile: They are for connecting wired headphones to a Bluetooth connection.

Like this:

This will not work

1 Like

I see I see said the blind man :grin:

Well, you live and learn. Thanks for clarifying Torben :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Just arrived. Works great with my iPhone 13 Pro Max.

2 Likes

Nice one Jim. Curious what you think of it once compared to your other portable DACs.

1 Like

The FiiO KA1 works well with Apple Music and Roon on my iPhone 13 Pro Max. It plays all formats including 24/192 and MQA rendering with no issues. It works with my Sony WH-1000XM3 and Focal Clear headphones. I have a hard time judging SQ of one DAC vs another, but it seems OK.

2 Likes

THX for sharing :slight_smile:

It almost sounds better with Apple Music than Roon, but that might be imagination.

1 Like

Glad you like it Jim. Best £45 I spent on audio gear :slight_smile:

1 Like

For the price, you can’t go wrong. Just getting rid of the camera adapter when walking my dog is worth it.

1 Like

I hate adapters. Really wish my Mojo did not need one when using with the 13.

Do you still have the Cobalt?

Will you order one for yourself?

Yep, I have Audio Quest Dragonfly Cobalt, Chord Mojo 2, and now FiiO KA1. Of course, the Mojo is by far the best. I use it all the time at home instead of Meridian Prime Headphone Amplifier and Power Supply. It’s that good.

I am keeping my Mojo but selling the Cobalt. Will you keep the Cobalt?