I'm bored - looking for a "cable" like topic

Is there any topic about power cables, ethernet cables, routers, lossless, power conditioners, whatever subjectivist v. objectivist… that is still active? Or even better any new?

1 Like

Try the Audiogon forums, sounds like the place you really need to be.

1 Like

You sniffed me out very quickly :smiley:

Did you miss the recent thread where someone asked about Tidal and MQA ‘Master’ labelling? It descended very quickly into the expected punch up and I expect it has long since been locked. Sounds just like the sort of thread you are after. Other forums do them better though (and endlessly).

Audiophile Style not quite there yet but just a matter of time before someone decides IPv6 has better SQ than IPv4 (or vice-versa, packet size, broadcast strategy etc. etc.). From early roon comments looks like roon ARC will soon be offering IPv6 . . .

Head over to the antipodes music server forum, there you can discuss which direction a fuse should be installed for best audio results ……

1 Like

Just bought 3 new and better network cables today, forced by the new roon architecture. It looks like opening the router port for ARC just let in a whole new and big bunch of nasty internet parasites (I’m talking the electrical ones) and I had to do something to get rid of them (being almost as bored as you are).

After some testing (by opening/closing the port any other song) I decided that a round braided cat5 cable between server and streamer, a flat cat8 black between server and router and a short cat11, red, braided cable between router and modem are the way to go for the best SQ possible in my setup.

Also, I’m looking forward to receiving a brand-new Open Port Conditioner I just ordered (the model with Internet Resonating Coil is the one you’ll want).

1 Like

Ooooooh. That was sweet, thank you. Exactly the irony I’m missing. Hopefully you took care about the length to eliminate interference and loops.
Btw. on what color of twisted pair you made blind test? Or maybe you don’t need because you know what you hear…

I was lucky today, found these:

I am curious. Do you just enjoy watching or do you enjoy participating in the “objective”/subjective brawls. The most contentious forum I know of is Audiophile Style. There is a lot of good information for digital system building there but they actually had to give the so-called objectivists their own area in order to allow others to participate freely. Audiophile Style can sometimes make Audiogon seem like nap time in kindergarden. Actually Audio Science Review (ASR) is the worst but at least you go there fully aware of their bias.

Basically just wondering where you are coming from?

BTW. I started the thread asking about SQ improvement in 2.0 but it quickly attracted trolls. At least they seemed happy…

2 Likes

You mean objectivists? :laughing:

1 Like

I’m not sure why everyone’s a ‘troll’ these days. Seems a lazy way of insulting people who don’t share your views.

2 Likes

And I’m bored having to moderate these pointless and ultimately degenerative threads so…:wink:

3 Likes

Haha well you accepted the badge.

1 Like

Oh you know the old saying…power corrupts and total power corrupts totally :grin:

1 Like

I think it’s because people (at least I) resignated to try factually convince others even with facts and data. So they became ironic which may look like trolling.

If sharing my experience to a common problem with lightning cable and DAC makes me a trolling than it is fine with me :slight_smile:

Just let people have some fun (until emotions will show up). You know - I’m bored from other pointless and degenerative threads full of nonsenses and people who somehow missed change by digital age. It’s generational thing. For many who lived till their midage with analog is difficult to understand and grasp basics of digital.

Seems irony flies under the radar here.

However I honestly see nothing useful coming from this thread at all.
For those who just wish to debate the pros and cons there are still plenty of threads out there and other forums if need be too.
Meanwhile this thread has run it’s course.

3 Likes