Importing local album bug (from B911) -split tracks [Ticket in, fix pending]

Content you’re reporting an issue with

Has anyone noted any issues whilst importing albums? Invariably the last track gets separated on another duplicate album in which I have to merge them together. After I do this, I always get a duplicate track on the last track in which I have to merge again and remove the extra track.

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

Screenshot of import settings

Description of the issue

Same here with me.

When I open the album located on my NAS in media monkey and retag the album tag, Roon immediately changes the double display to only one album displayed…

1 Like

Content you’re reporting an issue with

Too Close To Reason, By Scott Metzger

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

No

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

Local.

Screenshot of import settings

Default. I’ve never even accessed this screen in the Settings

Description of the issue

I drag the files into my default Roon folder and two separate albums are created. One with a single song from the album. The other with all of the rest of the songs. I have checked (with Xact) that the Title tag for each are identical (no trailing spaces or other invisible characters).

Ok, strange. So, I deleted the album in Roon. Then I re-downloaded the files from Bandcamp and dragged them into the Roon folder again. Now, all the files show up under one album in Roon, however, when I go to identify the album, there is still something obviously amiss. The Dream Room (Part One) file doesn’t show in the identify screen and two listings for the last track show. See screenshots below.

I moved to here to keep all similar posts in the same location.
Thank you

1 Like

Thanks. I decided to try again on this, but first I stopped the Roon server from running. Seems it imported it fine this time. :man_shrugging:

Correct.
Works just fine as long as Roon client is not running.
:+1:

Can you please elaborate? I have tried a few albums just now, and I get the error for about half of them. In fact, one album got “split” up a few minutes after I merged it by hand.

I have found and others have confirmed that as long as Roon is not actually running when you import new albums it should be fine.

A widespread bug that occurs when completing a common task. I do hope Roon stop the practice of pushing out inadequately tested software to all users.

2 Likes

This is well put.
Here is another side effect of that widespread bug:
the same track listed twice when played have both their playing vumeter animated icons

1 Like

Indeed closing server & client prior to import is not a valid workaround.
Also, the issue is not 100% reproducible. sometimes just erasing the files and recreating them solves it.

Thanks! I wasn’t sure how to take it. However, it is a somewhat inconvenient workaround. I hope they fix it in the next release.

Its valid in that it works

Of course it seems to be a bug and will need resolving so nobody is saying that is how you have to do it from now on.

But doing it this way fixed the album splits for myself and others.
Hopefully Roon will resolve fairly soon.

My point is that it unfortunately doesn’t work fo me.
I still managed to have the split album issue even when adding files when Roon server was down.

1 Like

That’s very unfortunate and I hope Roon get a fix in soon.

@AceRimmer does not work for Roon and was just trying to give advice that could minimise the impact of this bug for most users.
We already discussed at the start of this thread that it needed to be fixed, but many of us were importing a lot of CD’s and the Hammer found a workaround that was working for most. I did not want to stop Roon so I had to manually merge around 50 albums yesterday.

Hopefully we will get an acknowledgement of this as a bug from Roon soon

1 Like

Hey Gang! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I’ve passed this along to the devs. I hope to have feedback from them to share soon. For the time being please close Roon before importing albums to the watched folder as recommended by @AceRimmer

1 Like

I have some word that a restart of Roon Core/Roon Server has corrected this for some customers. Can any of you who are experiencing this chime in to confirm if a reboot resolved this problem for you?

Jamie Rebooted multiple times and it has not helped.
Sometimes it seems to go away and I can import 3 or 4 albums and then the next one is split into two albums again.
Roon imports it as one album and then while analyzing it, it seems to become two albums, that’s the best way I can explain it.
I have ripped a lot of CD’s this weekend so I have seen it doing it dozens of times now.

I have found that often just clicking the Rescan albums button in the Album Editor Window fixes them, and hopefully helps others.

1 Like