Inconsistency with Improve Feature Between Qobuz and Tidal Playlists (ref#5YQ0A0)

Any update on this issue would be nice!

Hi @Hans_Toutenhoofd,

Here’s the situation. The issue isn’t specific to your local setup - it’s most likely an issue within the mechanics of Playlist Improver - but since the conditions of your database reliably trigger this problem, the most expedited pathway to finding a fix is by investigating your database directly in a sterile, secure quality assurance environment.

The database itself is the actionable component of this ticket - without a database that is actively reproducing the issue, we’re simply proceeding with blind fixes. To that end, we’ve requested a compressed copy of the RoonServer folder from users who have recently and reliably reproduced this issue. You’ve so far been unwilling to provide that database, so we’re proceeding as best we can with other users who have reported the issue elsewhere.

When developers have merged a fix, we’ll notify you so you can test the fix on the Early Access branch before release. Thank you for your patience.

Wow, do I understand it well, are you blaming me, your customer, for not being able to solve this issue sofar?

1 Like

Hey @Hans_Toutenhoofd,

Sorry for any confusion here, we’re certainly not placing blame or pointing fingers, nor placing any assumptions on users.

As Connor mentioned, we’re still in the process of reproducing the issue in house. Oftentimes users will upload a copy of their Roon database to expedite the process if we’re not able to achieve this with our own database. It’s common practice here :slightly_smiling_face:

We appreciate your continued patience while our team continues to dig into things further, and we’ll be in touch when we have a fix ready. :+1:

As this issue is a bit more tricky to pin down and reproduce, this thread may autoclose before we come to a solution. If this is the case, we’ll re-open the thread when there is more information to share.

Thanks again!

OK, thanks! Appreciate your understanding! I’ll wait for your solution. Curious how it is possible that Tidal playlists in your database apparently work fine with the improver and mine and others do not.

A post was split to a new topic: Improve button adds duplicate songs after removing them

Hello @Hans_Toutenhoofd ,

We have enabled a special diagnostic mode for your account to try to gather more information surrounding the issue. Can you please restart the RoonServer app twice (from QNAP panel) so that it can pick up this diagnostic mode, perform the actions to trigger the issue again, and provide screenshots of the behavior, as you did in your earlier post here?

Hi guys, I appreciate your special efforts directed towards my account. But I have faced some severe privacy issues in the past, that made me maybe a bit paranoia in giving away data or putting special software on my machine. So hopefully you will respect that. Since there are more people having this problem I will patiently wait for a solution somewhere in the future. Until than I will survive with the current software. Thanks!

Hi @Hans_Toutenhoofd,

No problem! We’ll go ahead and close this thread in that case, as we’re continuing to investigate. Any solutions will be noted in future updates, and we’ll share any updates we find along the way. Thanks! :+1:

This topic was automatically closed after 4 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.