Installing HQPlayer on a separate NUC

You have to configure HQPlayer embedded from another computer using the web interface.

From the Signalyst installation instructions:

’ Once booted up, you can use the web configuration interface from another computer or login as “root” (no password) from console. Default username for web interface is " hqplayer " and default password is " password ". Please change the password as soon as possible, either through the web interface, or from command line using command "hqplayerd -s username password ".’

I use/configure embedded via the web interface with the following format

http://x.x.x.x:8088/config

Just replace x.x.x.x with the ip address of your computer hosting embedded.

Thank you Dave! I tried what you recommended and computor confirms Hqplayer is online but will not open!

No problem :slight_smile:

When you say ‘computor confirms Hqplayer is online but will not open!’ - what exactly is (or isn’t) happening?

Are you being prompted for the username/password from the web site but being refused access to the site?

Any error messages given/shown?

Have you looked through the guide posted earlier by andybob? Section 9 might give you an idea what is possible.

Hello Dave!
I tried to connect via another computor in the network! I put in the adress you proposed and the massage is that the IP-adress for Hqplayer cant be reached!
Windows diagnostic says the IP-adress for Hqplayer is online but does not answer! I am not being prompted for login!

The problem seems to be networkoriented! My Windows 7 computor can not the Windows 10 computor where Hqplayer embedded is located!

Well, I have given up! Now I am playing Roon DSP with 11,2M and it sounds better than Hqplayer Wasapi 5,664M!

Well,well! Never ever give up! I installed Ubuntu studio on my NUC and then Hqplayer desktop for Ubuntu and after some!!! fiddeling around it now plays 11,2M! Now it is to late in Sweden ( I dont dare to wake up my wife ) so I will evaluate tomorrow! This is exciting!

1 Like

A question: is it possible to run Hq player plus roon on a maxed out iMac (which I already own) and upconvert to DSD512 and then send it through the network to the HQplayer nas on a nuc and the through USB to the dac?

I know you cannot output more than DSD128 through a usb from a Mac - and this would be a way round this…

Hi jussi, I was going thru the thread. I use laptop with windows 10 as Roon core and in the same I have installed HQplayer desktop, and it works fine with NAA digione signature.
Now planning to go with NUC10I7FNH for Roon core. If the NuC has windows 10 in such case can we install Roon core in it and also install HQplayer Desktop, will it work?
Rgds

Technically it should work the same as on your laptop. But I cannot comment about performance as I don’t have such NUC. In the end performance depends on wanted settings vs capabilities of the hardware.

To a HQPlayer NAA not nas , yes , should work ! Assuming your Mac can actually handle the filter and DSD modulator you want which depends on Mac CPU specs

Yes I know I’ve replied to very old post but it was unanswered :grin:

Let us know how you went !

Something like a Raspberry Pi 4 running NAA OS is lower AC power consumer than NUC and can handle DSD512 easy as NAA

1 Like

Where can I buy HQ Player OS? Can’t seem to see it on the sygnalyst web shop?

Thanks

James

This is the web shop page and buttons are there …

HQPlayer OS = HQPlayer Embedded…

The OS itself doesn’t have cost involved.

Can this work is an spdif to usb input to upsample cd’s?

Yes, should work. I have practically same device, at that time under slightly different name.

They had (have?) multiple firmware versions for the device, I used something like “stereo Toslink” firmware variant. No automatic input rate switching, but CD source (and Spotify) is always 44.1k, so no automatic rate switching necessary.

I have been using this which supports upto 24/96

1 Like

It’s weird though nothing I seem to do let’s me listen to CDs through hq player I’ve tried to get it to work for 3 days now :frowning: hq player through roon working fine. I’ve changed input to usb streamer at 44.1. toslink stereo firmware on the mini disp streamer. Intel nuc 7 running hq player embedded hardwired into network switch.

Do you think there is anything else I can do?

I’m only on the trial version of hq player now as testing before buying licence.

Let me know if you need any more details.

Thanks

James

Thanks for suggestion Deric!

1 Like

At which point does it fail? What does the HQPlayer log file say about the failure? If the firmware is correct one, the predefined inputs should work fine. Does “arecord -l” list the device?