Installing HQPlayer on a separate NUC

![1000010886|230x5

OK, the preconfigured entry doesn’t work because this firmware exposes different device name than the USBStreamer I have. The preconfigured entry has “hw:CARD=USBStreamer,DEV=0” as device name, while your has “hw:CARD=TosLink,DEV=0”. You would need to edit /etc/hqplayer/hqplayerd.xml to change those entries. If you use “nano” to edit it, remember to reset the permissions back with “chown hqplayer /etc/hqplayer/hqplayerd.xml”. Then restart hqplayerd with “systemctl restart hqplayerd”.

I think that’s a bit beyond me. Any chance an update can be issued? This is the new version of the usb streamer after all.

There are just few preconfigured sample lines. In many cases you need to configure those manually, like in case of RME devices. I’m reluctant to put things there that I have not tested myself.

Dear @jussi_laako just to let you know I had a friend familiar with Linux come over who sorted it out no problem. Thanks for your help. It works great.

1 Like

Dear @jussi_laako,

Just copying an email I sent on trouble I’ve had with the licence purchase I sent yesterday.

|### 2002holland james.a.holland.09@gmail.com|AttachmentsWed, May 1, 11:15 PM (10 hours ago)||

|
| — | — | — |
|to info@signalyst.com

|

Dear Jussi,

I have purchased a licence and I thought that the fingerprint below was the hardware fingerprint for the licence but this now seems different to the fingerprint on hqplayer. I have no idea what happened. Am I better of getting a usb key licence?

HELP!

James

HQPlayer OS x64 SSE4.2 build

Version

Fingerprint

3R4HNg/quJfjyngm15Jmtg==

License

Trial

Please respond! I have spent £278 and have nothing to show for it!

Please check your junk email folder. Aapo says he has responded to you.