Intel NUC i7 8559U

I would like to be able to sometimes use my Intel NUC i7 8559U running Roon Rock with either the built in Intel Wireless-AC 9560 network card or my USB network adapter, but I can’t detect either of them in the Rock UI.
I have checked the Nucs bios and it looks like all usb connections and wifi options are enabled. What could be the problem?
Kindest regards /
Mr Johan Larsen, Sweden

Hello @Johan_Larsen,

Other users have reported being able to use the internal WiFi on that NUC according to this thread: (8th Generation NUC's announced). Does the adapter not show up in your WebUI? Can you please post a screenshot of your WebUI if it does not show up? The screenshot should look like this:

Thanks,
Noris

I will get back with a screenshot later but I just want to clarify that I am talking about the wifi connection. Not the ethernet connection which is working fine. The posts in the thread are talking about the ethernet card. Or have I misread the posts? My WebUI only shows the ethernet connection. But I will get back to you with a screenshot.

Hello @Johan_Larsen,

Thanks for confirming that information for me.

I will submit a ticket for the tech team to investigate regarding the onboard WiFi card on the NUC but for the USB adapter, can you please confirm the model/manufacturer so that we can look into that as well?

Also, please be aware that a few staff members are out for the holidays but I will be sure to let you know once I have more information to share regarding your request.

Thanks,
Noris

Thank you for helping me. This is the usb adapter:
https://www.tp-link.com/us/products/details/cat-5520_Archer-T2U.html
Tp-link Archer T2U
/ regards Johan Larsen

1 Like

Hello, was there any resolution to this? I am having the same issue with a 8I3BEH Nuc running rock. The WiFi setting is not showing next to the Ethernet settings and the bios does have wlan enabled.

Thanks

Hi @Dave_K,

Can you please let me know what type of WiFi adapter you are using in Roon? We can open a ticket and look into this, but we have not tested all possible WiFi modules with ROCK and it is possible that some are not compatible with Linux.

Thanks,
Noris

Thanks Noris. I was trying to use the on board WiFi on the Nuc and then also tried a Edimax EW-7822UTC, AC1200 Wireless Dual Bamd MU-MIMO USB 3.0 Adapter.

1 Like

HI @noris ,
Is there a wifi usb stick that you know that is supported? I think i am going to return the Edimax stick since I am still within the window.

Thanks

Hi @Dave_K,

Unfortunately, we don’t have a list of supported WiFi adapters at this time.

Roon OS includes some basic “beta” support for a few popular WiFi chipsets, and we know some users are running ROCK this way, but running ROCK this way is not something we test in house, nor is it something we would recommend. As a general rule, we would always recommend connecting the Core via Ethernet if possible.

You can feel free to ask the community for previous WiFi adapters that they have used in our Software Section, but just know that you’ll have a much better overall ROCK experience if you use an Ethernet connection for your Core.

Thanks,
Noris

@noris thanks for the information!

1 Like