Intel Nuc8i3 HDMI output to Denon receiver

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Intel Nuc8i3 running Rock

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

HDMI out of Intel nuc in to Denon avr x1600h receiver.

Description Of Issue

Intel nuc is showing 5 different hdmi outs that can be enabled within roon. When I am trying to play audio out of the nuc it seems to be random which 1 of the 5 hdmi outputs actually plays music (only 1 physical hdmi output coming from nuc).

As a workaround I play music on all of the hdmi outputs and wait to see which one is actually passing audio to the denon and then stop playback on the 4 that are silent. But sometimes when I change track or album playback no longer works on the current hdmi output and I need to start the whole process of elimination again.

Please let me know if this does not make sense and I can try and explain again. I confuse myself at times.

My setup uses HDMI0 and have the rest of them disabled. You only need the one. I do not have to make any changes and it is always available.

I have the HDMI output from the Nuc to my Denon 8500H.

1 Like

As Mike says - HDMI0 is the one you should use at all times. Ignore the other four, as implied by Mike Fass in this message:

1 Like

Im sure I had issues with 0 no playing anything so that is when I tried the remaining 4.

I will disable 1-4 and just try playing from 0 tomorrow and see if it works.

Thanks for your replies.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Solution for me was to only have HDMI 0 enabled as suggested above but to also ensure my receiver was set to receive the data before trying to output music from roon.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.