Intermittent corrupt file error when playing local files on ARC resolved by force stopping & clearing app cache (ref#KLHFKH)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· I'm having trouble with Roon ARC

What best describes your issue with ARC

· Other

Describe the issue

Occasionally playback of local files will stop and ARC will display a corrupt file error. I know for a fact that the files are not corrupt. Force stopping ARC and clearing app cache seems to have helped. This does not happen with files sourced from Qobuz.

I should add that I am on Android 14 on a Pixel 6 Pro.

This most recently happened between 1 and 2 PM Saturday April 20th while listening to the album Country Life by Roxy Music if that can help track down logs.

I should also add that these are steamed from my server, not downloaded.

Hi @mackid1993,
Thanks for writing in to let us know about this issue and for including the timestamp. That is very helpful. I’m sorry to read you are having this problem. Can you please check under settings → Roon ARC and let us know if any errors are showing there?

I’m not showing any errors under Settings → Roon ARC. It was really strange behavior. It was happening on and off for a while and finally I cleared the app cache and it hasn’t happened since. Still I wanted to report the behavior given it is likely a bug.

I’m pleased to hear that things are working well for you again! Your feedback is invaluable to us, and we truly appreciate you taking the time to report a potential bug. It helps us improve the experience for all our users.

Since your ARC is functioning properly now, I’ll go ahead and close this thread. However, please don’t hesitate to reach out if you encounter any more issues or have further questions in the future. We’re always here to assist you, and your satisfaction is our top priority. Thank you so much for your understanding and for being a valued member of our community!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.